Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Elimination >

Scent Elimination

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Elimination

Old 11-02-2005, 07:18 PM

Default RE: Scent Elimination

I wash my clothes in a scent elimination detergent, and hang dry them. I take a shower with the scent eliminating soap before each hunt. Its time consuming when I'm coming home from work and trying to get in the trees before sunset, but it's worth it. My biggest mistake is changing into my hunting clothes before I leave the house, and driving across town to get to the woods. I can't change clothes on the road side, as I hunt on a military post. Once I park the truck, I spray a generous amount of earth cover scent all over myself, my bow and the stand. So far its seemed to work. I've had 4 doe within 20 yrds, couldn't get a shot on them, so I watched them eat for almost 3 hrs. The other night I herd of about 30 elk walked right under me and never even looked up.