Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again. >

Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

So I decided to go hunting this AM. I thought Len was going to be there but we must have gotten crossed up. Anyway, I waited as long as I could and decided to go where I spined the 8 point a couple years ago. Got all settled in but none too soon. I could see the ground when I finally knocked an arrow. About 6:20 I hear something coming through the corn. Didn't have time to stand or anything...there he was. To shoot or not to shoot????? I decided since I'm fixing to miss out on about 5 weeks of hunting with my travels I better whack something. Angled toward...not my favorite but close enough. Let it go and heard Twack. He jumped about 2 hops and stood there. I'm fumbling for an arrow when he walks behind a bush. He just stood there. Finally he laid down. 20 seconds later he rolled over on his side and gave that last tail quiver. Stayed in the stand until 7 and got down.

The arrow busted a rib and angled back, exiting about 4 inches in front of his hind leg. I have NO idea where the arrow went. Looked for it for 15 minutes in the briars and oak leaves. Caught one lung and the liver. He traveled about 15 yards. Odd one. WOLFEN...it was a management buck,[8D][8D][8D] 5 point wannabee. I've had a hard time getting near a deer lately. Decided to whack one for the freezer, especially after we found a gut pile from a poacher the other day. Here's your dang picture.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whacked one....Blue Undies strike again.

Congrates ,You know the program Pics underwear man
Old 11-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't use that pic because you don't have the angle of entry right for the arrow you're holding, Blue Undies CSI man! [8D]
Old 11-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking deer!

Congrats.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

For some reason that pic struck a funny chord with me, I can just see two police officers standing over it writing onnotepads and one looks at the other and says "Damn shame really"....., anyway I'll go back to my corner now...Congrats on the buck.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe you took a shoulder shot like that...Totally unethical.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats David. I've always found that white undies with a brown streak in the back works for me.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

YES BUTT....... it doesn't do a lot for scent control.[8D][:'(] I just got through skinning and cutting this bad boy up. He had a spot on his hind quarter I thought was a muzzleloader wound or something at first. When I skinned it out I found a small little blood clot and a hole(more of a tear) about 1/2 inch long and 3/4 inch deep. But the funny thing was, no hole in the hide. There was some blood glot stuck to the back side of the hide and it was a little discolored from the injury...but not hole in the hide. I figure it must have been another buck rammed him and tore the muscle. REally weird. I know it wasn't from the knife as I just pulled the hide down and the hole and blood clot were there. Strange deal.

Another strange one, this deer only left about 2 drops of blood on the ground. His chest had a blood clot the size of a couple football in it. I guess the junk from the liver plugged it. Even where he stood there was no blood. If he had run it would have been a hard trail.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Good thing he only went 15 yds. Congrats.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

This whole thing must be attributed to the undies. Congrats on the deer though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.