Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AHHHH!!!  Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!!   Need Advice >

AHHHH!!! Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!! Need Advice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AHHHH!!! Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!! Need Advice

Old 11-01-2005, 07:30 PM

Default AHHHH!!! Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!! Need Advice

Alright,

This may sound like it but it is no joke. So there i wasevening huntingand had seen nothing but one lonely doe. All of the suden i look to my right and theres a 7 pointer with monster G2's. So he's 30 yards as i shift my feet i make noise, he runs off. 15 min later he circles back downwind. I hit the doe bleat and he comes to 45 yards in a open field but no closer. As Im watching him taste the air, All of the sudden, after taking my focus off the big boy, i see 6 bucks circling the thicket i am in. As night falls they are all in the thicket i am in, but its too dark to shoot. So i decide Ill wait it out and try and get them tommorow morning.

All the sudden,a law enforcement truck that shall remain nameless, begins flashing sirens and yelling over the PA "Bowhunter come out of the woods now!" So, despite the fact that there are bucks within 5 yards of my stand i begin climbing down thinking that something crazy is going down. When i reach the vehicle he says "I was just checking to make sure your ok and need to check your hunting license"

This is complete BS!!! Do you guys think i have scared the bucks out for good. B/C thinking it was an emergency and its a cop, i was quick and loud getting down. Any help is appreciated cuz I am afraid this overzelous Cop ruined my Rut hunting spot which is loaded witrh bucks!!!

HELP
Old 11-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Default RE: AHHHH!!! Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!! Need Advice

Don't worry about it. It's out of your control. No one knows one way or the other whether they'll be back. Just keep hunting and you'll find out. Deer have different personalities and habits as people do. Some might never come back after that, some might not care.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:03 PM

I think thats awesome, your hunting spot is well guarded! No-wonder all those bucks are running around in there. You'll get him, they say deer usually stay in there core area or at least within a mile. Good luck!!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:29 PM

That sucks that you had to hastily make your way out of the woods and potentially spook your bucks. But you gotta understand the officers perspective, he was just looking out for your best interest ( might be hard to see because you had to spook game[&:]) and that has to be respected too. I would be upset also, but sounds like your spot is so hot a ton of moth balls couldnt run those bucks off!!!!! Keep your head up and get yourself one of those bucks!!!!!!!! Good luck
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM

How did they know you were there? The cops, not the deer.

Maybe the deer called 911?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be a little ticked off and probably would have asked him why the hell he had to come over the pa and spook the deer into the next county.

Respect goes both ways with law enforcement. If he expects you to respect him then he needs to respect you as a hunter and a person.

There is no reason what so ever, unless you were hanging from your safety harness or actually made a call to the police, that he needed to pull that crap. He could have simply waited until you came down quietly to check your hunting license.

Totally uncalled for IMHO.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 PM

Maybe the law enforcement dude or dudette is an ANTI?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

A child and his toys And the siren goes wooo wooo
Old 11-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can see this two ways. One, is the way you've taken this and it is understandable. On the other hand, a guy I work with was just in a serious motorcycle accident a couple months ago and he bumped into a gut at the hospital that had fallen out of his treestand. Apparently the guy is really jacked up and waited at the base of the tree for 12 hours for someone to find him, since he couldn't walk.The guy nearly died from both the fall and exposure. In a case like this, the game warden would have helped immensely. I would say give the spot a few days and try it again. The rut is approaching and all bets will be off anyway.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

HERE IN ALABAMA WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OUT OF THE WOODS AT DUSK ...NOT THAT WE ARE BUT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE .. MAYBE THEY WERE CHECKING TO MAKE SURE THERE WERE NO HUNTERS HUNTING AFTER LEGAL TIME ... IF THATS THE CASE THEN THEY WERE JUST DOING THEIR JOB ... IF THATS NOT THE LAW THERE THEN I THINK IT WAS REDICULAS ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Quick Reply: AHHHH!!! Screwed by Overzelous Law Enforcement!!! Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.