Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Time for So Dak hunters to speak up. >

Time for So Dak hunters to speak up.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time for So Dak hunters to speak up.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Time for So Dak hunters to speak up.

and help me out with what is working in our part of the world. The only thing that has worked for me so far is hunting over water. Anyone else even hunt South Dakota????? (and I'm not talking those damn colored chickens!)
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Time for So Dak hunters to speak up.

I'm hunting the Black Hills. I've only seen one decent buck during daylight hours and I blew a 30 yard shot on him. I was hunting in the trees over some scrapes.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:05 PM

I, unfortunatly, don't live on the good side of the state anymore, I'm out in SF, but I think the rut is starting to come on, the bachelor buck groups are breaking up, but still no action from rattling or doe bleats.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Im up in Aberdeen, and its been pretty slow for me so far. They havent yet got the corn out around the property i hunt so i havent even seen very many. I did go out sunday evening and put my ground blind down along a good scrape. i sat there for a while and the tried to rattle a little bit and see if anything would happen. about 2 minutes after i rattled the first time, i heard a buck banging his antlers in the trees. I waited a while and rattled again, same thing sounded like he didnt even move from where he was. tried one more time about 30 minutes before dark, and this time didnt hear anything. it finally got to dark to hunt so i walked out, and sure enough that big buck was still standing right where i had been hearing him all night. i crouched down and tried not to scare him but he took off. other than that havent really seen much. hopin to get out this weeknend again will keep u posted