Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Moultrie GAMESPY digital >

Moultrie GAMESPY digital

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moultrie GAMESPY digital

Old 10-28-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Moultrie GAMESPY digital

When I walk up to my camera, I notice it takes 10-30 seconds for it to go off. That's with me standing 10 - 12 feet directly in front of it moving around. Is this normal? I sure don't like it!

Old 10-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie GAMESPY digital

Yep, mine is the same way, at least the one I got from WalMart. I have another
one that is the original version and it works much better. Usually you can walk
past the one from walmart then it will get you on the second pass. These will
only work well on a feeder or mineral lick.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:43 PM

yea my too. i think the camera goes in a sleep mode when something hasn't trigger it to go off.but for the moneyit stillworks fine for me.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:47 PM

Yeah maybe the first pass just wakes it up and it gets you on the second, I hope so becauseI just bought one today andI havnt been able to play with it yet.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:34 PM

Digital cameras have a delay in time from when you push and hold a button down from the time it takes the picture. On a normal camera it is probably about 5-10 seconds. So it only makes sense that there will be a delay if it is digital. I dont know what to say about the 30 seconds but i think that it would be interesting to try one of those new video camera ones. Well anyways good luck.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have the same problem
Thing Sucks
Had deer sign everywhere with no pics and finally got one, when the deer was chewing on the straps to the camera
I would rather have a Stealth Cam anyone wanna buy my gamespy
Old 10-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have one, and the laser is adjustable, try messing with that.Let me know what happens
Old 10-28-2005, 09:20 PM

I've got two of the Gamespy 100 digital cameras, and I've been fairly satisified with them as far as picture quality. What I've found that works really well is to have them in open areas a little ways back from a well used deer run, or by a feeder/salt lick like someone else said. The only real problem I've had with them is the 6V batteries are very inconsistent. I have Moultrie rechargable ones that used to last for a couple weeks, but now only hold a charge for 2 days if I'm lucky...anyone else have that problem? Either way, I bought some Duracell batteries and those are still going strong.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 PM

just recharged my battery for the first time, hope it last 3 weeks like before.i have it set on standard quality, takes pretty good pic. as long as the deer are not real close, too much flash, isn't the best, but for a hundred buck, i'm pleased, here a pic i got with mine.good luck with yours.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will never own another Moultrie anything. Stealthcams are the way to go when it comes to "cheap."

Quick Reply: Moultrie GAMESPY digital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.