Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally after three years!!! Pics! >

Finally after three years!!! Pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally after three years!!! Pics!

Old 10-28-2005, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Finally after three years!!! Pics!

AppleOMH, the location is Robins AFB, GA. the weather is still pretty decent, 70's for high and 40's overnight, if fact our rut doesn't start for another 2-3 weeks!
Old 10-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Hopefully they leave your tenderloins whole...I remember one of the first one's I took to a butcher...they sliced them into little small thin pieces.[:@] I cut alot of my own up now, but if I ever take it to a butcher I always ask that they leave them whole, cut in half...leaves 4 nice pieces of whole tenderloin. I like to grill them up for friends or family over the holidays...if I have a good season tuck one away for a summer treat.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Congratulations, as there's no more exciting event than your 1rst bow kill!!! Hopefully you'll have many more!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:08 PM

Congrats on your first deer. You'll never forget that one. Good luck on the next and the next and the next.....
Old 10-28-2005, 08:18 PM

DUDES,
Ya'll making me hungry. I got 1 week left till I get my turn. I as giddy as a kid in a candy store. Best of luck to all the rest of the season.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Bo! Nice looking deer.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats dude!
Old 10-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

BBQ venison hind quarter. Bone it off the deer keeping it whole. Skin off the garbage and fat. When you're ready to cook make sure you've skinned off all the junk. Soak the meat overnight in salt water in the fridge. Lots of salt. You may want to change the water once before bedtime. The next day, take it out, drain, skin off the garbage. Prepare a package of McCormicks plain meat marinade according to the package instructions. Poke some holes in the meat all over with a fork. Marinate the meat in it for 20 or 30 minutes. Make some strings to tie it up and lay them out. Lay some strips of bacon across the strings. Lay the meat out across the bacon. Put a couple slices inside and roll it up and tie it into a nice roast. Cook slow on rotisserie over hickory or misquite until done. I like it done. The outside is to die for. We used to have a neighborhood cook out every summer. Everyone brought their own hotdogs and hamburgs. Well, I was on the culdesac where they held the thing so wheeled my grill and a cord for the rotisserie out to the street where we had the grills. Instead of burgers I started the venison about 10 AM. The men, women and children of the neighborhood, most of which were undecided about hunting(I was the only one in the 23 houses that owned a gun or anything. ANYWAY, they all started gravitating by the grill after 12. I had some forks and a couple sharp knives out. They started whittling on my venison around 12:30 or one. I never took it off the rotisserie before they had just about eaten the whole thing. They'd slab off a piece, dunk it in the BBQ sauce and pig out. THAT day they all said I could have venison as often as I wanted just as long as they got to come. It was thereafter a fixture in the neighborhood picnic as long as I lived there. LOts of hotdogs and hamburgers didn't get eaten.

If you don't want to serve a big crowd you can cut the hindquarter in a couple pieces...but it just isn't the same as watching the hind quarter off a 130 pound deer cooking on the rotisserie.

Serve with the following BBQ sauce.

1/4 Cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup catsup, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 cup worcestershire, a few drops of tabasco, 1 cup water.

Combine all ingredients in boiler. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 min. Store in refrigerator. Keeps forever. Just heat it up when you need it.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Spike

Congrats! Nice to get that first one out of the way.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on all the hard work paying off!!!

Quick Reply: Finally after three years!!! Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.