Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Someone Shot my Buck!!! >

Someone Shot my Buck!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Someone Shot my Buck!!!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:17 PM

Default RE: Someone Shot my Buck!!!

ORIGINAL: mfunk922

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Did you actually catch him in your stand?

Did the blood trail start from in front of your stand?

Is it possible that he shot the deer on another part of the "small" farm and he happened to run into the area near your stand?

He shot a buck that you had scouted. Bummer, that's why they call it hunting.

No, he told me he was in my stand when he shot. I had to work today, so i didn't get to the farm until 4ish. He said he got there around 2:30 and there were no other cars around so he didn't think anyone was going to hunt that day so he jumped in my stand. Its not that its a "small" farm... its about 100 acres or so (i'm not totally sure)butabout70% of that is fields.
Oh yeah, I'd be pissed then.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Happens
Old 10-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like you have just acquired a guy to cut your shooting lanes, help you hang stands, and help you drag your deer. Otherwise, Id be sitting in his stand when he wasnt around, and removing the first 2 or 3 steps after each hunt.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:27 AM

Deer aren't scared off by human pee. Collect a bunch of hair from a barber shop and spread it around his stand. That will screw 'em up worse than anything.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stuff like that happens a lot. IN one area that I hunt, the landowner let another indidual in last year. I know that the indivual helps himself to my stand. What I do now is lock the stand in the up position with a bicycle lock.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:01 AM

The problem with a "gentlemans agreement" is if the other parties involved arn't gentleman you will get screwed. Hopefully there is more than 1 big boy in your area and you will get another chance.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, and you don't know that they aren't gentlemen until they prove it and then it's usually too late. Sorry to hear about it. I hope you made it clear that his actions were unexceptable and that you expect him to hang his own stands in the future?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: jdrake19

I'd be pissed. I am very protective of 'my' deer. So bad, that i have trouble letting my dad or friends hunt my stands...hehehe.

Just go pee all over their deer stands man. Its only right.
Make sure you guys paint your name on the side of (your deer) so if i see it i won't shoot it!It's outrageous that someone would have the balls to sit in anyone else's stand, but i hate when people say my deer when it is still walking around alive! just my opinion.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 PM

I would be outraged but look at the bright side at least you know that it got taken or you would be holding out for a ghost deer all season.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:01 PM

You are a better man than me. The moment I got to MY stand and someone else was there, the cussing would have begun. Then after he told me he shot a monster out of MY stand the only blood trail would be coming from his nose. Thats unbeleivable! What a loser.

Quick Reply: Someone Shot my Buck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.