Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Murphy's double cross >

Murphy's double cross

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Murphy's double cross

Old 10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Murphy's double cross

So, I hadn't been seeing much buck activity for several weeks. And, having felt the brutal effects of most of Murphy's laws, as they relate to bowhunting, I devised a plan. What if Murphy could be used against himself?

One of Murphy's laws is that the more expensive and unnecessary the purchase, the greater the likelihood that you will never be able to use it. For example, the purchase of the latest, greatest fish finder at twice the price of what you need, ensures that that the strap that holds your boat will break, sending your boat to pieces on the road and rendering your purchase of the fish finder worthless.

Soooo, I decided to order a carbon suit. Iordered it last Wednesday from Cabelas to be delivered Monday. To ensure the full effect ofMurphy's law, I ordered the most expensive one they had -- Dream Season. I'm not totally poor and what the heck it would be worth it to guarantee a buck. Having a Monday delivery gave me the entire weekend to hunt, with a buck assured, thereby ending my season,so as to render my purchase an absolute waste of money (if it wasn't already).

Saturday morningI sat in the tree with the greatest of confidence that this was indeed going to be a great weekend. Deer streamed by and I held out for a decent buck. Unfortunately, only does and spikes came by on Saturday. Not to worry, I had Sunday. Well, as the evening sun set Sunday evening I began to be concerned. Now, I had no buck and I would soon be the proud owner of a very expensive piece of camo. Not only that but the deer had seemed to disappear altogether.

As I sat there I seemed to remember another of Murphy's laws, "Anyone who attempts to use one of these laws to his own benefit, will be punished 100 times more than had the person simply ignored the law completely".

I am now assured of seeing no decent bucks and perhaps no deer at all for the remainder of the season. Man, there just has to be a way to get around that law. Hmmmm . . . . this could get ugly.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:16 PM

Default RE: Murphy's double cross

Well if you think old murphy already got the best of you try this one, next time you go hunting, leave your knife and any field dressing equipment at home, drive a compact car to your hunting area and park as far away as you can from your stand. that will almost guarantee a bruiser.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Indiana Whitetail

Well if you think old murphy already got the best of you try this one, next time you go hunting, leave your knife and any field dressing equipment at home, drive a compact car to your hunting area and park as far away as you can from your stand. that will almost guarantee a bruiser.
LMAO ! Ain't that the truth ?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 PM

This is a great thread but we need more group participation
Old 10-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'd be surprised what you can fit in a compact car! I drive my little Chevy Cavalier to my hunting area and park right between the big trucks. Guys tease me pretty good sometimes but it's all fun. I just remind them that my vehicle is getting 2x the gas mileage.

I put my bow on the passenger seat, tree stand and rubbermaid tub (camo) on the back seat and the trunk is empty just in case I need to bring home a deer.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ah yes good old Murphy...Good post.

Isn't it amusing what a big buck will do to our psyche. In some cases it doesn't take a big buck of course. It is a never ending web of frustrationwe weave when a buck we try to deceive.

The idea of using double reverse psychology never occurred to me before... I might have to tryit myself.

Old 10-28-2005, 05:35 AM

I had a little dose of Murphy yesturday. I was planning on hunting after work and on my way to my land I say tons of deer feeding in wide open feilds. I saw 3 decent bucks and over a dozen does and fawns. The temperature was perfect and wind was in my favor. I get to my stand at 4:45 pm. Murphy shut me out. I did not see even one deer all night long. It seems like everytime I see alot of deer on my way to hunt I get shut out.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Indiana Whitetail

This is a great thread but we need more group participation
You were only the third person to post. Give it some time. Not everyone sits if front of their computer 24 hrs a day.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:20 AM

Here's one for ya. I had been planning to hunt on wenesday evening two weeks ago The weather was perfect, wind was just right for my favorite stand. I got off work early and locked the keys in my car at the gas station[:@]. By the time I got home got my extra keys came back and got my truck it was too late to go. A day off work early wasted[:@]Stupid Murphy![&o]
Old 10-28-2005, 06:34 AM

Man, Ya'll are making me laugh. I thought I was the only one that had this kind of luck. Although not funny at the time of the incident i chuckle now. lol

Quick Reply: Murphy's double cross

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.