Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I want to keep ONE person safe....... >

I want to keep ONE person safe.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I want to keep ONE person safe.......

Old 10-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I want to keep ONE person safe.......

awesome guys!!!!!
Ithought I was getting into a really special sport a year ago. Confirmed!!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:36 AM

I have always known that hunters were good people. But reading some posts in the past with members down right cruel to each other I was starting to wonder. But now ya'll have come forward and made me see that there are truly great people involved in our obsession!!!!! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:15 AM

I've got the Lone Wolf Harness and maybe a few others laying around. Whoever wants one please ping me and I will send it along.

The only thing missing from theLone Wolfharness is the rope that attaches it to the tree. You can probably get one pretty cheap. At least you can get the harness for free. I'm sure I have more than one laying around at home so please let me know.

This is the best thread I think I have seen on here. Hunters helping other hunters to be safe.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

KIDD642
DubsOnD
txrookie
NY Bowhunter (3 available)
Flipout

Ok just to consolidate posts, the above 5 members have generously donated their extra harnesses to someone who needs one....do not feel embarrassed or self concious to ask for one if you can benefit from it. Step up and accept the offer.....keep yourself safe so that you can continue to enjoy the outdoors, and we can enjoy your company.

NY Bowhunter,
Thanks for the additional harnesses Ken, but I would hope you hang onto 1 of them......it's kinda hard to swing a golf club with a shattered shoulder (or worse)[:-]Ladder stands can fail too....welds can break, squirrels chew straps etc.

Also if anyone does accept one of your donated harnesses, please update this post so that it will reduce the number of PM's you'll get.

Thanks again guys for helping.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY Bowhunter,
Thanks for the additional harnesses Ken, but I would hope you hang onto 1 of them......it's kinda hard to swing a golf club with a shattered shoulder (or worse)[:-]Ladder stands can fail too....welds can break, squirrels chew straps etc.
I still have the safety vest that I bought last year. I wear it when I sit in some of my "not so leaning perfect" ladder stands.[:-]

** The full body harness has been claimed** 2 remaining.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Update:
KIDD642
DubsOnD
txrookie
NY Bowhunter (2 available)
Flipout

As far as I know only 1 of NT Bowhunter's harnesses have been given away........It looks like there are still 6 of them up for grabs. I know the one that KIDD642 has is just like the one I gave up.......a Summit SOP with the rope/prussic hitch fall restraint system.
If you are in need of a quality safety harness please contact one of these members via PM.

Dustin, Your harness is on the way bud, have a great season.(Make sure you watch theDVD with it to learn how to use it properly)
Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

The one I have is a full body harness. Last year I bought a Hunter's View climber and there were two harnesses in the box so anyone is welcome to the spare. Don't worry I still have a backup. i bought a boss xl and a stick ladder a couple of weeks ago and have the harness that came with the boss stand. I hadn't been wearing mine until these harness posts started and then thought about my 10mo. old daughter. I won't be going up a tree again without one.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea guys. I have an extra harness also that i would be glad to give to someone who needs one. I never used them either until a few years back, I shot a buck(slug gun) and he camehaulin right towards my stand only to crash5yards short. If he would have hit my ladder, me with no harness, a loaded shotgun, safety OFF, well who knows what could have happened! Let me know if you need it. Good luck all and be safe.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

arlow laid claim to my harness. One more hunter alot safer.....Arlow it is on it's way......enjoy, be safe.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:13 PM

txrookie,,

You might be careful with the harness that came with your hunter view stand cause they had a recall on some of there harnesses that they sent out with their stands,,you might be able to go to hunterviews website or maybe or a local walmart,,i know they had a sheet with the recall on it but i dont know if they would still have it up or not,,or even google hunter view safety harness recall just to be sure

Quick Reply: I want to keep ONE person safe.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.