HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I want to keep ONE person safe....... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/118275-i-want-keep-one-person-safe.html)

Matt / PA 10-25-2005 05:26 PM

I want to keep ONE person safe.......

In light of the recent "Harness Saved my Life", and "Fell from a Treestand" posts here, and considering that #1) Treestands are the single most dangerous aspect of our sport, and #2) Probably far too many members here neglect using or buying a hraness for various reasons........if the $$$ of buying a decent harness is an issue as to why someone isn't usingone I want to help that person out.

I have a brand new in the package Summit SOP full body harness, safety rope and prussic hitch, and D ring complete with the directions for it's safe use.........on me , for a needy member or member's young hunter.

If you want to "turn over a new leaf" in treestand safety and this is something that youWILL use PM me......please don't take it from someone who really needs it. (We all need a back-up but not this one;)[:@])

I only have one, but who knows.......it might be THE one.

Bowfreak4life 10-25-2005 05:34 PM

RE: I want to keep ONE person safe.......

Matt, I know you aren't looking for that (good boy pat on the back) but I have to say that is a pretty stand up thing you are doing, I just hope someone who needs it will step up and take the offer. this is what our sport is about also, hunters helping out other hunters. I am honored to be a part of this group.
Daryl.

Matt / PA 10-25-2005 05:54 PM

Sorry to everyone who will reply........the harness has found a good home.

Make sure you wear it Dustin or I'll hang ya from it.;)

Daryl,
I lost one friend already to a hunting accident this year, I really don't want to hear about another preventable accident.:(

Everyone please be safe out there, it only takes a few extra seconds to make sure you get back home in one piece EVERYTIME.

Remember:
Tell someone where you will be
When to expect you
Carry a cell phone if possible (On your body)
Wear your harness everytime.

Tree climber 10-25-2005 06:00 PM

You the man: Matt.;)

"You Done Did Good".

KickerPoint79 10-25-2005 06:02 PM

You da man Matt.:DI heard of someone in my area who fell out last year
and broke his back. He was that close to being a paraplegic. You may have saved
someone.

Finch 10-25-2005 06:02 PM

yeah that was a decent thing to do. youre a damn good guy!

finner 10-25-2005 06:43 PM

That was a really cool thing you did matt, your one heck of a guy:)

I heard of someone in my area who fell out last year
and broke his back
My best friend had that happen to him quite a few years back....he's lucky he's able to walk and not in a weelchair.

deer-hunter18 10-25-2005 06:47 PM

Im sorry but matt you are the man, that was an awesome thing for you to do.

Big John 10-25-2005 07:07 PM

Hey Matt- Since your giving away things , how about a perogie dinner!!!

KIDD642 10-25-2005 07:11 PM

Good deal Buddy.......great gesture. By the way, I will follow your lead, I have the harness from two years ago, brand new in the pack, it is also the summit full body. Jusy PM me and I will send it to you. Matt inspired me to do a random act of kindness. I ecently got another SOP from Summit and already have another so Iwill gladly give up my third one if someone needs one. so PM me...............good Job Matt. That is why I am your friend....[8D]