Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed) >

BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed)

Old 10-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed)

I got to my stand at 0555 hrs.today and was set and ready at about 0615 hrs.Shortly after getting situated,I heard a buck grunting off in the distance but could not see it due to the fact that it was still pretty dark.At around 0715 hrs.I saw 3 does feeding in the distance on the white oak acorns that are so plentiful in this area this year.After they fed off things got slow and quiet until around 0900 hrs.when two skippers and a mature doe appeared and fed along right to the base of my tree.I was watching these deer for several minutes when I heard a noise from behind me.As I turned around,I saw another doe feeding toward the other three deer that were around me.I was watching her for a few minutes, when I looked to her left and saw this nice 8 pt.feeding along toward the other deer.As I looked at the deer I realized that I had captured this deer on my trail camera earlier in the month.
The buck was feeding head on to me at about 25 yards,but was begining to angle to my left.At 18 yards the buck finally offered me a nice quatering away shot.I drew my bow and made a perfect ten ring hit on the left shoulder of the deer.Upon impact the buck mule kicked(gotta love that)and started running hard.As it ran off it fell twice before regaining its balance and disappearing into the hardwood swamp.As I climbed down from my tree,I immediately found my arrow buried 10 inches into the dirt on the offside of where the deer was standing.I had a great blood trail and found the deer piled up just over 100 yards from where I shot it.As I was taking my time gutting,I found that tha arrow had taken out both lungs and the main artery to the heart.I was actually surprised the buck ran that far from such a hit.This is a hog of a bodied buck;it dressed out at 215 lbs.and has a decent 8 pt. rack.My equipment used is a Pearson/McPherson Edge,70 lbs.29 inch draw shooting a 28" camo Gold Tip 75/95 xt hunter tipped with a 100 grain Wac'em broadhead.My arrow was fletched with 3 blazer vanes and a flo. yellow Bohning arrow wrap.I also use the Magnock nock system,and a Scott rhino release.Hope the photo uploads.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:19 PM

Default RE: BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed)

Congrats on a nice buck!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck I bet you had fun dragging him out haha. That is realy cool that you got him on your camera earlier in the year like that.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Hog!! Awesome buck and story, congrats.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:29 PM

Congrats. Nice Buck
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is a PIG isn't he!

Congratulations on a very nice buck.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's definately one that would be field-dressed before I dragged him outta there. Nice buck.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

man that things got a big body not a bad rack ether congrats
Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 PM

Hey nice buck.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 PM

Great buck, what a brute. Welcome to the site too.

Quick Reply: BIG bodied buck arrowed (215 lbs field dressed)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.