Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Next week...

Old 10-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Spike

Default Next week...

The fun is about to begin in Pa (hopefully).
I decided to take next week off and am very excited. As the seeking/chase phase begins shortly--I have 2 lures-Code Blue and Tink's 69--Which would you choose? How much should I place on my "wicks" (unscented tampons, and yes I bought them myself). Is is better to go with more or less(dry or saturated)? Is it wise to use both products? Should I drag one behind myself? And lastly, How many should I place around my stand?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Default RE: Next week...

just buy the cotton scent tabs. take the code blue and use it on a drag toward your stand. I heard really good things about that stuff. when you drag, walk upwind of your stand so the bucks don't get a chance to smell you. when you get toward your stand, leave the scent on a branch in a shooting lane and position it so that you can get a good shot. i think next week will be really good as well as it has been in the past in pa. what part of pa are you hunting? i will be in Irwin this weekend to go hunting and i have already shot a doe in bucks county. Now i am looking for my buck! good luck
Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Spike

Thanks Legacy. Should the swab be saturated or damp?
I hunt in SE Pa just outside of Philly--actually Ridley Creek State Park (bow only area)
Old 10-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shhhhhhhh WTDoc, that's a best kept secret. Reallythis is a great spot tobowhunt if you know the layout of the park. There are areas that are so thick you can't get in them but they can! I've gotten a buck the last two years in there. I also shot a piebald doe last year. And yes I think next week things should be getting under way!! I also have next week off. I'll be hunting dark to dark all week long. I think the latter part of the week will be real good! The second week of Nov. I'll be in Alberta. I'm in it for the long haul. I LOVE THE RUT
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I load mine up with scent and they are good to go for a couple of weeks if your store them in an airtight container when not in use.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Spike

E-mail me early-in, maybe we can join forces next week.

Mike
Old 10-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Doc, I just sent you a PM hope you got it because your e-mail adress isn't posted. I'm fairly new to this computer thing. Either way we can stay in contact.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Spike

I got your pm and tried to reply but it is undeliverable.
My e-mail is [email protected].
Old 10-25-2005, 09:52 AM

you got to be kidding me! i hunt ridley too. I live in Paoli, went to Penn State and now in VA. We scouted there all summer and saw some dandy bucks. The thing i hate about ridley is all that vine crap that has taken over the park. It makes the woods nice and thick but still its a pain! I haven't had the chance to hunt in ridley for 2 years but my dad has gotten out a few times with no success. We have a number of places in willistown to hunt, not to far from ridley. good luck...let me know how you do
Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Legacy,how long have you hunted here? I love the place and yes those vines are a bitch. They actually have orginized vine cutting groups that do work in the park and anyone can volenteer. I do some vine cutting on my oun when I deem it necessary, like when I see them going up a nice oak or beech tree. Like I've said before it's the best kept secret going, for now! Good luck to you and your dad.

Quick Reply: Next week...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.