Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best Deer Hunting Magazine? >

Best Deer Hunting Magazine?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Deer Hunting Magazine?

Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Best Deer Hunting Magazine?

Fellas - what's your best Deer Hunting magazine and why?

My favorite is Deer & Deer Hunting - their articles are very informative, thought provoking and scientific. The editorials are well-written also, and I think their writers are knowledgeable, experienced whitetail hunters.

I also have a subscription for Petersen's, but every month, when my D&DH comes, I have to hit the hay early and do some reading.

They don't seem to have any product-bias, which is a huge plus, and the magazine isn't littered with a zillion ads for whatever new-fangled junk that somebody is trying to peddle. Secondly, there are almost never any articles relating to competitive archery. I'm not an IBO guy, so I have no use for that fluff.

EDIT: The reason I ask is that I'll be dropping the Petersen's subscription, and picking up another. Looking for suggestions.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 PM

Default RE: Best Deer Hunting Magazine?

Hey,how's it going?I used to subscribe to Bowhunter and Deer&Deer hunting but I don't anymore,the reason is whenever I started reading things would start working in my head,I'd start making plans,blueprints.I'd be ready 5 months before the season started
Old 10-20-2005, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: spottedwolf

whenever I started reading things would start working in my head,I'd start making plans,blueprints.I'd be ready 5 months before the season started
I know what you mean wolf. The mags just make the buck fever even worse.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: spottedwolf

...but I don't anymore,the reason is whenever I started reading things would start working in my head,I'd start making plans,blueprints.I'd be ready 5 months before the season started
LMAO - I know the feeling. I sit in this office all week, looking out the windows like a sad puppy dog, wishing I had time to sit in my treestands. I have stands hanging all over god's creation, just collecting leaves. I got maps and aerial photos saved in my computer, lunar charts on the wall, and no time to use 'em. I need a day off.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

HANDS DOWN ..BIG BUCK MAGAZINE OUT OF SASKATCHAWAN ... KILLER PICS ..KILLER STORIES ....www.bigbuckmag.com

ROLL TIDE
DD
Old 10-20-2005, 01:52 PM

buckmasters. or rack from buckmasters.com
Old 10-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whitetail Hunting Strategies is the best deer hunting magazine hands down.

Though Harris Publications recently spiked the newsstand price up to I think, $13.95, which is a rip-off for any magazine. I usually sit in a store and read it. If they're going to rip off the people who've been faithful to them over the years (I started buying them when they were 5 bucks), then I'll just quit buying.

Plus they never replied to the email that I sent them awhile back. Which also means crappy PR.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

My favorite is Deer & Deer Hunting - their articles are very informative, thought provoking and scientific. The editorials are well-written also, and I think their writers are knowledgeable, experienced whitetail hunters.

They don't seem to have any product-bias, which is a huge plus, and the magazine isn't littered with a zillion ads for whatever new-fangled junk that somebody is trying to peddle. Secondly, there are almost never any articles relating to competitive archery. I'm not an IBO guy, so I have no use for that fluff.
AMEN!!!
Deer and Deer hunting !!!![8D]
For all the reasons you mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best rag on the rack!!

I used to get BuckMasters but after the first year
the articals seem to repeat them self.

#2 definately BowHunter !
Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 PM

Eastmans Bowhunting Journal and Petersons Bowhunting. Eastmans has the best stories and Petersons does some great gear reviews and shooting tips.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Big buck magazine & Deer & Deer Hunting. WWW.PBASE.COM/MLO3135127

Quick Reply: Best Deer Hunting Magazine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.