Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does Does Does

Old 10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does Does Does

I have just been seeing does everywhere I go...I am after a decent buck and I just can't seem to find one[&:].... Is there any tips i can use to try and get buck into my stand. thanks

Ryan
Old 10-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Spike

Default RE: Does Does Does

Well if your seeing alot of does be patient,when its"Rut time" the bucks will come in..so if your seeing does you will see bucks.......Good Luck
Old 10-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Wait until the rut. Those does are the best bait in the world.
The bucks will follow.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:25 PM

Don't worry about it ryan.....the bucks will come, like you said, you are seeing ALOT of does, and once rut hits, there will be bucks flockingto those does. In the mean time, you can try some sort of an estrus call, or some rattling antlers. Just a few days ago i got two bucks running right to me after a few grunts. I'd say just try some different things, and be patient. Good luck!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Bucks are usually eating all they can at this time of the year so they can bulk up for the weight loss they get during the rut. If it's legal, I'd put some corn out and maybe some salt licks or wait until the rut because they'll really be coming then. Good luck.