Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need some help. Plz >

Need some help. Plz

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some help. Plz

Old 10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Need some help. Plz

Well guys i just ran into a problem. Even thou i have a messed up hand i went out today and tryed to shoot some. As i was shooting i ran into a problem. Since i have been shooting which hasnt been to long only a couple of months i have shot only when there has been lots of light out. Well i went out today and it was cloudy so there was no sun. When i go shoot i noticed that i couldnt find my perfect anchoring point because i guess the sun makes like a shadow on my peep and i line it up the sights. Well since there was no sun it doesnt make a shadow on the peep and i cant seem to line up right. Has any body ran into a problem like this and if so how have u dealt with it? If u guys dont understand what i mean i will try to explain it better. Thanks for all the input in advance.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need some help. Plz

Well you should be able to hit your anchor with your eyes closed because it should be the same
position everytime. If you have a good anchor you can feel the right spot. But I understand what
you are saying. You can't see thru your peep. It sounds like it may be turned wrong or something.
Many hunting shots are taken in low light so you definitley need to fix it. I just cant picture
what may be causing this. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:40 PM

i couldnt find my perfect anchoring point
your peep and sight should have nothing to do with you anchoring point.you hit your anchor and when you do you just open that eye and it should be looking through the peep.if it doesn't , you peep is in the wrong place.it's just like looking through a scope,when you throw you rifle up to you sholder and put you face down, the scope should be in perfect alinement with you eye.
try putting you bow up and draw and hit your cnchor,don't even try to look through the peep. just get the anchor and after you have that down,then get someone to move you peep to your eye.don't move you head or eye any at all.let them move it till you can see through it and then tie it in place and reajust you pins and that should solve the problem.

does your peep have a alining tube on it? if not you may have to get a peep with a tube.the tube keeps the peep turned to the right angle everytime.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:27 PM

Wondering about the diameter of your peep? mine has 1/4" aperature and never gives me any trouble like u describe, even in low lite. KP79 has agood point, ur anchor should be instinctive; same place every time. try drawing w/ eyes closed and anchoring in same spot then opening ur eyes to see where ur peep is.