Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk???? >

snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Old 10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

couldnt believe it, first i went to my stand this year earlier and i noticed quad tracks right under it, huh i thought, so then i found a gut pile about 50 yrds away sunday and i checked on the stand and there was blood 20 yard away,huh, so today i put the jeep in 4wd and went out! first stand a 12 yr old boy, told him to get lost and found out his dad was in my other stand, so thats were i went,,,, so anyways i tear him a new @##$$$% so i parked to see were they came from and here comes johnny yuppie in his hummer like he's god and the 2 guys come over to me, this is when being 6-4 250 helps out,,, the one says you scared my son whats your problem! what? i didnt swear or yell i said get out of my stand, and wheres your dad! im like thats my stand is that the thing to teach kids?? hes like i was out here everyday last year and you didnt use them at all, im like so what, what if the winds perfect and i get out of work w/ a game plan, winds right and want to use "MY" stand and your in it?? then he started w/ the you dont have permission crap, i have it but he says a developer just bought it and he has permission so i should pull my stands,,,,yeah! good thing i never got out of my jeep! id be in jail! im like im out here all summer cutting brush,putting in stand etc and you just walk in and take over! im like let me see your land owner permission form?? where is it?? the other thing is this kid was like 12, i bet cant pull a legal, i think 45 lb bow in ny back, not that im against kids hunting but he was very small arms like twigs w/ a coat on, so the kid gets on a quad and drives over 2 me and says sorry for using your stand, im like no your not because you wouldnt have used it in the first place,,,, i need a beer!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Wow, I was a nervous wreck just reading about your experience..har har. Nothing worse than someone who would have the nerve to use another's stand. Happened to me 2 years ago so I sympathize. Glad you were able to keep your cool enough to not do anything rash. Don't you wish there was a special "season" on people like that??
Old 10-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Well that bites, you were definatly in the right ! but....
Maybe you could have dealt with the kid better,
you said he did apologize.After all he didn't know better when his dad tells him it's all right,It was the dadthat got him in trouble.
At 12 or so are you going to tell your dad you don't think it's right to use someones stand or not, if he tells you to.
Maybe if you said to him that "it's not right to use other peoples things
without permission no matter what your dad say's."
then tell him it's not his fault his dad should know better!!

This might have made a better impression on the kid,while teaching him a valuble lesson his lame father should have done already!
After all children only learn what they are taught.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 PM

Well like, um, like um, like nevermind.....
Old 10-17-2005, 06:24 PM

Public or private land? Not like it matters because they are YOUR stands but I'm just curious.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:25 PM

I've been there done that.At least there wasn't cigg butts in your stand.[:@]You may want to lock up your stand.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:36 PM

Ohhh man I hate reading about that, especially since I know how much work it is picking the spot, clearing it out and all, and then somebody just comes and takes it from you. I'm fifteen, and thinking back when I was twelve I do think it'd be kind of hard, even now almost, to go against what your father tells you to, even if it's wrong. Not saying he didn't deserve a "little talking to." hahaha
Old 10-17-2005, 06:50 PM

been there had that done to me. it was a bad day for him.to make things worse,everwhere we went for a couple weeks we would run into the same guy.he would apolize over and over.
I don't think he will ever use any one's stuff again.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

I would not stand for that either. I would never consider getting
into a stand that is not mine no matter how much it is used. They new
it was wrong and were going to do it until they got busted. Too bad the
dad was setting a bad example for his boy.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:23 PM

I think you did the right thing. If the kid's dad isn't going to teach him hunting do's and dont's, someone has to. I would be afraid to use someone's stand for that reason of being caught. Not saying I would but that would make my mind up not to.

Quick Reply: snagged 2 guys using my stands today,and im the jerk????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.