Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Aren't Eating The Bait? >

Deer Aren't Eating The Bait?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Aren't Eating The Bait?

Old 10-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer Aren't Eating The Bait?

Hey guys,

I hunted two areas this weekend that are about a hundred miles apart. My friend and I saw plenty of deer but in both locations but the deer were just passing through and not hitting the bait piles. Is there something that I'm missing here.

Thanks
Tom
Old 10-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Aren't Eating The Bait?

What kinda bait are you using...?? And is it in a pile...??

Deer won't eat Corn that is just in a pile in my experience...Soif that's the casego in there andkick it around and spread it out...
Old 10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they are finding enough to eat without using yer piles. Wait till the snow flies and then they will hit it.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using sugar beets and there in pile but the piles are small. They are hitting it but they aren't eating it down like they usually do during the rifle season.

Tom
Old 10-17-2005, 08:25 AM

From what I have seen and heard (talking to other's), all over Michigan, acorn's are in abundance this year. If your hunting hard wood's, not much of a need to go to a bait pile. If the deer are not coming to a bait pile, I would say the obvious, "they are getting a satisfactory food supply from another source". Try hunting run way's, rub line's, scrape's etc., if you can find them. I have been bow hunting foralmost 30 year's (only 36 now, awesome dad who would alway's take me out) and foundthat isusually better this time of year.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

My gosh you'll actually have to learn to scout and hunt.[8D]
Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM

It's called acorn fed deer. Just too many acorns this year. They're not eating anything except those around here. In fact, they aren't even eating our clover plots.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

LOL @ Charlie P. Maybe you have something there!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:22 PM

Yeah too many damn acorns. Like Charlie P said, your gonna have to actually get out and hunt now.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

From what I have seen and heard (talking to other's), all over Michigan, acorn's are in abundance this year. If your hunting hard wood's, not much of a need to go to a bait pile. If the deer are not coming to a bait pile, I would say the obvious, "they are getting a satisfactory food supply from another source". Try hunting run way's, rub line's, scrape's etc., if you can find them. I have been bow hunting for almost 30 year's (only 36 now, awesome dad who would alway's take me out) and found that is usually better this time of year.
Peer Genius, I can not word it any better than this!!

Quick Reply: Deer Aren't Eating The Bait?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.