Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone from Alabama >

Anyone from Alabama

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone from Alabama

Old 10-17-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Anyone from Alabama

Just wondering if anyone here did any good bowhunting since the season opened saturday morning? I went saturday morning and didn't see anything, didn't go that afternoon b/c it was too hot. I have never killed a dear with a bow, but i started bow hunting last year and killed a bobcat with my bow but thats the only thing i killed. Just wondering if anyone beside me done any good.

Thanks,Bama
Old 10-17-2005, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Anyone from Alabama

I'm from Jackson County Alabama. I went Saturday morning and saw six. The only thing that got within bow range was a button spike. Also went Sunday evening, but didn't see anything. Full moon isn't helping movement. I think most activity is nocturnal. Should get better in a week or so.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Anyone from Alabama

i went out both saturday and sunday...i was in a new area...mostly scoutin' around...didn't see any brown but i found lots of sign...it was really warm saturday and a little cooler on sunday...and i agree most of the movement is when it cools down in the evening...

i too have never shot a deer with my bow...in fact this is my first year huntin' with a bow...and even though i have no experience in it...i already have a feeling that i'm goin' to retire the rifle for a while......and want to shoot every animal i hunt with my bow...haha...we'll see...

i've heard there are some good deer up there in Jackson County...if i can get some time off work i've been thinkin' about comin' up to one of the WMA's...i'll have to look at the numbers to figure out which one...good luck to y'all this year