Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite hunting buddy >

Favorite hunting buddy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite hunting buddy

Old 10-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default Favorite hunting buddy

Out of all the wonderful people I have shared the woods with, One stands out!! He is a good hunter, He is also one of the funniest people I know. This was are first year hitting the woods together in search of the majestic elk and I gotta say it was by far the best season ever!! We didn't kill anything but we had our chances. He will forever be my favorite hunting partner. His name Is Billy Baker and he's My son!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Favorite hunting buddy

we had a blast shooting the block around elk camp, He sure has funny form but he is a dead eye out to 50 yards.But I can still school the little feller, If you don't hunt with your son you darn sure should, I can't remember when I had so much fun. LOL
Old 10-16-2005, 11:43 PM

That's awesome to hear!

I'm the same way with my dad, he's not only my best hunting partner he's my best friend. We do everything together from hunting to fishing to working. We get into little arguments every once and awhile like every father and son, but it seems like our relationship is more like a friendship than a father/son relationship.

Good luck in all your future seasons with your son, it's great to see parents that love to hunt with their kids!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:26 AM

Rich Baker: My brother has a form just like him. His drawlength was too long. Got that fixed and he straightened up.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:37 AM

Well, my son is way to young to hunt yet. However my favorite hunting partner has to be my father-in-law. He never had a son and I never had a dad so it has become a father son hunting deal. We have hunted together for 6 years now!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

that's awesome that y'all are hunting together...every kid should be so lucky.
my dad's a PETA supporter so huntnma (my twin) is my favorite partner...even though we rarely hunt together..but it's nice to know that she's always there for me and vice versa.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 PM

That is awesome!

My son is 5 going to be 6 for next years deer season. He is all over me to take him with me. Next year will be the year.

I can't wait.

And oh by the way. My 3 1/2 year old daughter will be coming along in a few years. I can't wait.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

I have been watching this forum for a while now, but this is actually my first reply. This post has just touched me in a unimaginable way. On September 24th, 2005 I lost my favorite hunting buddy doing what we all love to do (Hunt). I won't get into any specifics other than we were goose hunting and that we had a great morning. For those that are wondering, my favorite hunting buddy was my older brother which I had the privledge to hunt with for 20 years and enjoy life with for 32 years. I am still in the beginning of the grieving stages and miss my brother dearly. This hunting season has been difficult to say the least, but I have been archery hunting daily.

The point of this post is for the rest of you to cherish and realize what you have. To enjoy each and every time you get to head afield with the ones you hold closest to your hearts. Take it for what it's worth - but you never fully realize and appreciate what you have until it's gone.

Good luck to all.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:15 PM

He sure has funny form but he is a dead eye out to 50
nothing funny about his form just looks like the draw length is too long as stated. He would be even better with the correct draw length.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:29 PM

thats great, good to have a partner like that.it's been a good long time since I have hunted with my son.(he's in Kentucky).
still remember his first deer.