Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do i wait

Old 10-14-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Do i wait

i went out on my lunch break today to find a spot to set up my ground blind. I found a good trail and some trees that the deer beat up pretty bad along the trail so i set my blind up next to there rubs. do u think that i should give them a few days to get used to the blind or should i just go tomorrow morning.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:00 PM

Default RE: Do i wait

My personal opinion is wait a few days.. Anytime i make a changeto the area I try and let the deer have a day or two to adjust. Some may not even care.

I know my buddy doesnt wait.. he sets his up in the morning and hunts.. he kills deer..
Old 10-14-2005, 12:16 PM

wait a few days, you need to give them time to move back in a feal comfetable..........
Old 10-14-2005, 12:39 PM

k thanks for the feedback guys. it will be hard for me not to go cuz im so anxious but i think it will be for the better if i give it a few days
Old 10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

depends on the forecast for the next few days, if a front is moving in that may trigger alot of deer movement...assuming you didn't stink up the place too bad or cut 100 trees and limbs.....I might go for it now. Good luck
Old 10-14-2005, 12:46 PM

I used cover sent when i went in and tried to be as quiet as possible and didnt cut up any limbs. so we will see i was also thinking about waiting for the afternoon. It is phesant opener her in south dakota this weekend so with all the people walking fields i think the deer should be moving around
Old 10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

why wait? If the blind doesn't scare them..they won't know whether it's occupied or not. You may or may not see deer depending on how intrusive your set-up is, but that's going to be a factor of the blind more than if you are in it or not.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its not a whole lot different than putting up a climber provided you didnt get your scent all over after walking around and even then any deer that did smell you would be edgy and on alert wether you were in a tree or not in the woods at all so I would hunt, you arent going to get one sitting at home.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Id at least give it a day for them to see there isnt any danger comming from it..
Old 10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

id hunt it.if it looks good why not.hopefully they will get close before they know whats going on.

Quick Reply: Do i wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.