Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed? >

Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed?

Old 10-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed?

Ok, sorry to vent, but I spent $400 on this really pretty looking Stealth Cam with the vieing screen in back and the camo pattern cover etc ... blah blah blah. Well, its been a real piece of junk so far. Its taken some pictures with no problems apparently, but Ive seen numerous time when deer were feeding, milling around etc right in front of it for 30 minutes or more and go look and not one picture, thenwhen I walk to see if it took any picsat the digital display the F'ing thing FLASHES right in my face, that made me laugh but at the same time made me want to spit nails. Next time Im buying a Cuddback
Old 10-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed?

I'm not impressed at all with the Stealth cam. I have a 35MM one and am sending the second one back. They've already replaced it once. When this new one comes in, i'm selling it and buying a real camera.

If you call them, the will come up with a hundred and one excuses. they should just tell you they are junk and give your money back.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM

I have had one of their cheapo 35 mm for a couple of years. I agree their customer service sucks, and the lcd on mine has become unreadable. I did convert it over to use a rechargable 6v battery and have shot alot of pictures with it. Picture quality was pretty good, but I got tired of jacking with film so I retired it and bought a digital (not stealthcam ). I have kept it to use in places there might be the possibility of theft or vandalism. It sure wasn't top of the line but then again I think I only paid $120.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

To much money for a camera that may get deystroyed or stolen.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:22 AM

Maybe you have the camera to high up in the tree. You said it wont take pictures of the deer but will of you when you walk by it. How high in the tree is it? Have you tried moving it down at all? I had a similar problem with mine and just moved it down a foot on the tree and got some great pictures, and if they were in front of it, it was going to take there picture. Just try moving in down a little bit and see if that helps.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:24 AM

I have one too, and I'm also not impressed!

First problem is that it runs through batteries like there is no tomorrow, and it takes 6 AA to run. Every time I go, I have to change the batteries. I thought it was because I used cheap batteries at first, but I have switched over to the more expensive ones, and still have the same problem.

Also - it has a mind of its own. I put out a 40 lb bag of corn in front of it. 2 days later I go back, and the whole pile of corn is gone. I got 1 picture, and that picture was taken when the pile was still there. What...did that deer eat all 40 lbs in 1 minutes that it is set to wait before taking another picture...I don't think so.

I got the digital, because I figured it would be great to just go out and switch cards, and not have to wait for a roll to get full before I developed, but I have to think that anything would be better than this.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:56 AM

i have the 35mm job.. It works fantastically.. i was very impressed with the pictures. My father-in-law, however, wants to use his next time we shoot trap.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I tried putting it from 2 feet hight to 6 feet and everywhere in between because all the Support gurus at Stealth Cam said is that I didnt have it placed high or low enough. When I asked them to give me a hight THEY paused before suggesting it be hung at, they said 4' to 5'. Well it was at 4'-5"s. Since then Ive also put corn out and moved it up and down after leaving it out for 1 week per height adjustments. The corn was gone but I did get 2 pics of the same buck on one of theweekly height adjustments.You would crack up if you saw how silly I must look walking back and forth waiving my arms etc... trying to get it to take a picture where I hang it. It takes some doing to get it to take one, but Like I said, it never fails, when it doesnt go off and I get frustrated or Im sitting still looking at the LCD display from about 1 foot, POOF!!! Im instantly blinded hehe. Anyone want to buy one cheeeeap?? Ill sell it for$200, it cost me $400 at Bass Pro 1 month ago.Maybe some of you are luckier than I am or know where to get a good excorsism done on this damn thinglol.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steath cams work best if hung about 5 feet up and angled DOWNWARD somewhat. That seems to be the trick. They like to look down on their subjects. I put mine up and then stick a piece of bark behind the camera so as to tilt it downward. Mine works like a charm. I think it has something to do with the IR sensor. They have to compare your heat signature to something static, like the ground.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh, maybe thats the ticket. Great tip thnx, I'll give that a shot.

Quick Reply: Stealth Cam WTF???? Is it possessed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.