Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Scent Companies go to Court >

Deer Scent Companies go to Court

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Scent Companies go to Court

Old 10-12-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Deer Scent Companies go to Court

Thought this was kind of interesting. Found it in the Minneapolis-St.Paul Business Journal. It is about two Minnesota-based scentmakers who went to court. Before anyone gets worked up, I'm not taking sides and don't have any preferences, just thought you might be interested to read how competitive this can get!

"WIldlifeResearch Center Inc. recently won a $4.8 million verdict against Robinson
Outdoors Inc. in a battle overwho makes better scents for deer hunting. Wildlife Research Center alleged that Robinson Outdoors falsely advertised as premium products its Carbon Blast, which masks a hunter's natural scent, and Still Stearnin'
Doe Estrus, which is worn to attract deer. In one ad the company showed a product made by Wildlife Research as an inferior brand ..."
"Russ Carlson, chief financial officer for Robinson Outdoors, said the company will
appeal both the verdictand the judge's decision to dismiss counterclaims filed against
Wildlife Research Center for similar advertising allegations ..."
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Scent Companies go to Court

Well, the lawyers from both sides will probably drive them both out of business.[&:]
Old 10-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: chucker34

[align=left]and Still Stearnin' Doe Estrus, which is worn to attract deer.
[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]whoever actually wears this will be in court next! [/align]
Old 10-12-2005, 11:46 AM

Thought that was funny too. I think the reporter got that mized up, unless lots of people are starting to wear their deer pee trying to get the buck to climb up in the stand with them. I can also see those who don't hunt going "hunters smear deer pee all over themselves?"
Old 10-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Spike

Every year I hear of at least a couple guys that have put doe in heat urine on themselves and get chased around or even attacked by bucks. It's not a very smart thing to do, funny for the rest of us, but not very smart.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wish it would happen to me