Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Washing Clothes?? >

Washing Clothes??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Washing Clothes??

Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Washing Clothes??

I washed all my clothes last year with scent free detergent and was wondering if I should wash them again for this year.I left some in a tote,i'm guessing these will probably be fine.The other clotes where in my hunting clothes closet that I havent really been into much since the last day of hunting season.Should I rewash them or just spray them down with scent eliminator and throw them ina bag with a couple offresh earth wafers and maybe some pine needles?I also have bought a couple of new clothes this year,how should I go about eliminating the scent in them?I use the detergent that is not supposed to fade the camo but it seems to still fade.Does everyone wash their new clothes or do you use other techniques,if so what are they?
Thanks,
JE
Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 PM

Default RE: Washing Clothes??

I wash mine probably 8-10 times a season . If it rains , wash them . If you go eat at a resteraunt for lunch wash them . I take no chances .
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 PM

How's everybody tonight?This is my first posting.I don't think it's dumb!I personally,do not wash my clothes!I do just fine the way I hunt!I've hunted with my brtother,and either during,or right after he'll light a cigarette.sometimes he'll see'em sometimes he don't.I do not smoke,I might use some tink's or something!Every now and again I'll use the "Spray" bottle I think it's scent eliminator.I've seen deer "down wind"on"still muggy mornings".
Old 10-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hang mine out in the rain
Old 10-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

im with "chase" on this 1. i wash my clothes any time i feel they might have gottin contaminated. before the season i wash everything from outer layers down to underwear that i use to hunt. then store in scent free bags. once a garment is worn,it goes in a seperate tote just in case its fouled. not to get on the other garments.im prob a bit of a scent free nut tho.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:24 AM

I try not to wash them at all, but it isn't really a big worry for me, if I do wash them, I wash them in just water until season is over. I am not too worried about scent control though, I have never taken any major precautions against it, and I have had plenty of deer around.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:26 AM

Hopefully this won't start a debate but,get somescentblocker clothing and wear whatever you want underneath.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:38 AM

here we go again
Old 10-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Everyone has a different opinion on scent control. Obviously it does help and work for your advantage if you do wash your clothes. But on the otherhand i know people who smoke 5 Ciggs everynight while hunting and still bring home huge bucks.....
Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Try different things, wash your clothes in Scent Free tide, Scent free soap from a sporting good store, regular soap or take bowhunting girl advice. Listen to some ideas then go make it work for you.

Quick Reply: Washing Clothes??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.