Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

big buck

Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM

Default big buck

it was a great mornin for huntin in guntersville alabama.All of my buddies were goin to their stands so i finally cought up.It had been raining that morning so the trees were slick.so i climbed on up and sat down.as i was lookin straight ahead i heard some foosteps beside me and sure enouh it was the bigest buck i have ever seen in my life.So i stood up to turn around and at that very moment the bottom of my stand fell to the ground with my gun and radio.and icouldnt beleif that the deer heard nothing.but at that time the top of it and me sliped and was goining around and around and down the tree we went.lucky me i didnt fall out but the buck ran as fast as it could away from me and there i was hangin on the tree.luckily i was able to shimmy my way down the tree and call my friends to come with the 4 wheeler to get me.All i heard that year was how i missed the big buck.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: big buck

I am glad to hear that you are ok. Treestand safety is very important.

Look at it this way, at least you saw the big buck. Most of us haven't.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 AM

Oh, sorry to hear that at least you didn't got hurt, anyway it was fun!!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, it's good to hear you weren't hurt. I'd be bummed that I didn't get a shot at a the big buck but at the same time I'd find comfort in knowing I lived through the ordeal. It could have been much worse.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: kbbkbw

it was a great mornin for huntin in guntersville alabama.All of my buddies were goin to their stands so i finally cought up.It had been raining that morning so the trees were slick.so i climbed on up and sat down.as i was lookin straight ahead i heard some foosteps beside me and sure enouh it was the bigest buck i have ever seen in my life.So i stood up to turn around and at that very moment the bottom of my stand fell to the ground with my gun and radio.and icouldnt beleif that the deer heard nothing.but at that time the top of it and me sliped and was goining around and around and down the tree we went.lucky me i didnt fall out but the buck ran as fast as it could away from me and there i was hangin on the tree.luckily i was able to shimmy my way down the tree and call my friends to come with the 4 wheeler to get me.All i heard that year was how i missed the big buck.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:57 PM

i am originally from guntersville, arab al area. i just recently moved to virginia.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 PM

i feel for you

Old 10-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really dont mean to laugh ,and glad your alright,but the imagine made me laugh