Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 scent blocking gum... >

scent blocking gum...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent blocking gum...

Old 10-10-2005, 09:58 AM

Default scent blocking gum...

Anybody have recommendations on scent blocking gum, or for that matter, anything that you can eat before you hit the stand that might help?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Default RE: scent blocking gum...

I dont believe that nonsense. Someone prove me wrong.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are kidding, right?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM

Well I always brush my teeth before going afield with my usual Crest and have seen plenty of deer before. Do you really need a gum or is it a marketing gimic? I honestly dont know so share some experiences please.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know about gum.....Just eat a couple ears of field corn (uncooked of course!), then a handful of soybeans straight out of the field. Top that off with an hour of grazing on clover. Your breath should smell just like a deer's. LOL
Old 10-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well folks believe it or not there is a gum on the market. It's called Gum-o-flauge.
Never used it and don't plan on starting, but it's out there! I think when you're done chewing it you stick it on your deer-view-mirror. We are a gullable bunch
Old 10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I chew activated carbon gumand it works great. The natural body heat is enough to keep the carbon regenerated.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:26 AM

OK wise guys maybe I should have titled this post "breath masking gum" so not to confuse this post with scent lok, scent block, etc,
Seriously, if you use all the other odor eliminating options available like I do, then your breath is your worst enemy. So then the question is, what masks your breath best? Certain gums? Recently eaten foods?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

keener...I wasn't joking about the gum-o-flauge.. It's a real product!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 AM

I agree that a lot of hunters overlook their "bad" breath. Why go through all the trouble to eliminate body odor and not your breath, considering how bad morning breath can be.IMO baking soda is the most effective method in eliminating odors. Brushing with baking soda in the morning will eliminate stank mouth, without giving you minty breath. If you want to go one step further, carry a small container with baking soda and water and swish it in your mouth every hour or so while in your stand. And if that doesn't work...go see a dentist.

Quick Reply: scent blocking gum...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.