Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

piss me off

Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM

Default piss me off

i got permission to hunt some good farmland i helped the farmer out alot during the off season and he has the son in law that as a person is really cool but when it comes to hunting he is just dumb about things like last night me and a friend just drove threw the buildings and stopped and talked with the farmer told him what we were going to do spot and stalk well we see this doe out in the field so we are about 40 yards from the doe when the son in law drives up its almost dark and he said that he has to go see if he has shooting lanes in his stand and then my friends dad has a stand up its in a prime spot well the son in law went farther back in the woods and cut him off and then moved my friends dads stand with out asking him he will do almost anything to screw the place that u are hunting up and the only time he shows up is to go hunting and not help oout with chorus like i do even when the land owner ask him to come in help he is always busy until we are done with work and we can go bowhunting sorry for being so long i am really mad im not sure what i should do
Old 10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: piss me off

Itsnot yourland. Either deal with it, or find another place to hunt. you can try and talk to them about it, but just dealing with it is the best choice. Its only a deer.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would politely explain to the farmer the situation and how much the son in law screwed things up. I would explain to the son in law (in not so polite of a manner) how wrong it is to mess with someone else's stand when they have permission to hunt the land too. Then I'd try to work it out to hunt when the son in law wasn't there. If this doesn't work out, I'd find other land to hunt and not be available for chores at the previous place. I personally only hunt land where I have exclusive rights. This is not hard to do. Whenever a farmer gives me permission, I always ask who else hunts the land. If other people hunt the land, I thank the farmer and tell him I don't go on land where others hunt because I don't want to mess up their hunting and I don't care to have mine messed up. I have been given exclusive rights to more land than I could ever hunt myself and get other hunters to take care of the farmer's deer problems. All stay pretty happy that way. Good luck with your PITA.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I guess I would try talking with him, try to encourage him first I know it would be hard to do but I would try encourageing him about different hunting tactics and hunting stuff and then break the news to him.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Because the guy is the farmers relative you will end up with the short stick. Ignor it if you can.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Did somebody steal the 'period' button off your keyboard?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:32 PM

Deal with it and try to talk with the guy, also try to find your .......botton on the comp hahaha just .
ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Itsnot yourland. Either deal with it, or find another place to hunt. you can try and talk to them about it, but just dealing with it is the best choice. Its only a deer.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Itsnot yourland. Either deal with it, or find another place to hunt.
I pretty much agree with the above statement. You are pretty much in a no win situation. I would attempt to make the best of it.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:19 PM

I know it sucks, but like others have said you have to just make the best of it since its not your land. The son-in-law is family, so his side will probably be favored over yours.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Son in law wins this battle

Quick Reply: piss me off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.