Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

piss me off

Old 10-09-2005, 06:57 PM

Default RE: piss me off

bite your toung and keep doing what you have been, have you heard of carma comes around goes around you will get yours and he will get his
Old 10-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

As all have said, the son-in-law will win even though its not cool to move someone's stand. I seriously doubt I would do any hunting there after a move like that.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:09 AM

He's family, you're not. You're screwed. Did you say that you helped the farmer with chorus? LOL
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 AM

I definitely wouldn't take it to the landowner, as everyone has said, blood is thicker than water...

I would try to talk to the son in law... if that doesn't work, it's pretty much a done deal, you'll have to learn to hunt in harmony with him or find other land. How big is the woods, is it possible that you can discuss sectioning it off with the other guy? Maybe you guys take one side, he takes the other... mark it off with a trail marker or two.... I don't know, just a suggestion. Like someone else said though, Karma can be a killer. If you aren't a courteous hunter, it's likely to come around and bite you in the you know what, so be nice to the guy, be courteous to him and see if it gets you anywhere. It sounds like you're kinda young, which may be why he's pushing his way around, but try to be confident and talk as hunters, not adult/kid... you never know, maybe it will work.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 AM

The son in law clearly just does not like you. Sure, I'm a female you figure drama, but, I encounterd a situation similar to this once ( not myself I'm blonde ,cute ,with big (.) (.) so I dont have problems) my opinon find someplace else. UNLESS the son in law is very young and hasn't hunted for long at all & he's honestly just clueless, if that is the case be super cool and explain what he hasn't learned yet. maybe at a local bar over a few miller lites , then again if the land isn't worth all that then just mooooooooove along
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 AM

IMHO. It sounds like this guy is lazy and is riding you coat tails regarding scouting.

I would talk to him about moving the stand and explain not to do that again.

I would then set up some stands in an area you don't plan to hunt and even set up some mock scrapes and rubs in that area. he most likely will move his stand to that area because he thinks you are on to something. He will stay out of you prime areas hopefully and you will have a good laugh at the same time.

I do agree that talking to the land owner will do you no good. Keep up with helping the land owner out if you want because you know deep down inside that it's the right thing to do.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 AM

well he filled his buck tag out of the spot that he moved the stand so i hope that he is done for the season he is in his like mid 20s the spot has alot of big bucks and has hunted for acouple years but he still has some doe tags to fill and i got afeeling he is going to hunt a stand that is in a little patch of woods that some of the bucks hang out at its real thick but we have not said anything to either of them and the guy scouts the land but im not sure if he knows what to look for cause all of his stands are on the field edge with bait piles and now we found out he might of shot a doe out of a stand me and my friend put up and if that is true we will be moving the stand and we never tell them what we see or where we have the treestands we but before season started when we were all hang stands we told where we had stand but were never doing that again
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 AM

i have to say you are getting a good lesson . it may be a bitter pill to swallow but these guys are correct . you cant go against family you will lose. try and discuss this with the farmer and the in law at an oppertune time.
ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Itsnot yourland. Either deal with it, or find another place to hunt.
I pretty much agree with the above statement. You are pretty much in a no win situation. I would attempt to make the best of it.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM

You are pretty much screwed on this. I would start looking for a new place to hunt. Even if he is done for the year, you will still have to contend with the same problem next season. It really sucks but he is family and your aren't. Best to just move along. If you are willing to help out the farmer with chores, I am sure yuo can find another farmer that is willing to give you premission.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Everytime cardeer,family is most likely exempt from chores,Find out where he is,and cut him off again,don't let him know where you are,Chain your stand to the tree with a padlock,use a climbing stick,and remove/hide it.You will probably make the farmer mad by insulting his family,but you never know..Maybe you should say something...HOW BAD DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HUNT THERE?I would be upset too,but what else can you do,besides show out,and leave,some people are just IGNORANT,and the son-inlaw sounds like one of them,he probably doesn't have the heart to hunt hard?

Quick Reply: piss me off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.