Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-06-2005, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Scouting picture and a question (dilema)

If you shoot just as accurately with either type of head, I would go with the the thunderhead/muzzy. Less chance for a problem. Plenty of nice deer are taken with mechanicals eack year too but stick with your tried and true broadhead that you have confidence in.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:09 AM

i have used mech. heads in the past and i would have no problem shooting this buck with one. on the other hand if you are satisfied with the accuracy of your fixed heads why change this close to season. it is ultimatly your choice whichever you choose just make sure you can hit the mark with it every time and you will do fine........good luck to ya
Old 10-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used fixed blade myself. I have heard of numerous expierences where guys claim ther mechinacal didn't open properly. It's your call I vote for fixed.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using Thunderheads for years and bought some mechanicals a couple years ago. Well, last year I was offered a shot in an open field and I had an arrow nocked with my mechanical on. I can't remember the name, but you are not supposed to need elastics with them....BULL#%@$
I let the arrow go and it missed by a good four feet. Upon inspection, one of the blades had opened up in flight. Needless to say, I am only using my thunderheads this year.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: StealthyOne

If it ain't broke - don't fix it.
I concur....stick with the tried and true. Post a picture when you whack him. Good luck
Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot Thunderheads and Wasp Hammer SSTs exclusively till this year, and they both shot equally well. I decided to try the NAP XP Spitfires this year, since I have never had that great of a blood trail with fixed blade heads. I shot a doe last week with them as a trial for them, and I won't be switching back to fixed heads. I had an instant bloodtrail, and the doe bled completely out in the 80 yards or so she ran before piling up.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you're loving your muzzy's and thunderheads I definitley wouldn't switch. Just stick with what works, and you'll smoke him.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Why would you switch? What does the deer in question matter in the decision to switch? Are you inferring that the size of a deer matters what broadhead you would use?

I agree, use what you have used in the past.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are getting consistently accurate flight from a fixed blade head why change your set up?If you are asking will a mechanical head be sufficient to kill that buck,of course it will.
Beautiful buck by the way.Good luck!!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.