Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shoot sitting or standing????? >

Shoot sitting or standing?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shoot sitting or standing?????

Old 10-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shoot sitting or standing?????

Most of my shots are standing simply because I need to turn most of the time to make the shot. I have shot two deer out of the stand while sitting though. It can be harder if you don't practice it.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:43 PM

I do alot of practicing sitting and standing i feel very comfortable if one or the other arise
Old 10-05-2005, 05:59 PM

I practice both so that I can feel comfortable with any situation that I might find myself in. My fist and only deer so far was shot this year while standing up.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

when i need to get a shot off quick, i lean foreward a bit and then shoot but if i know the deer is goin to be ther a while, i stand up and shoot
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM

I prefer standing, but I have always practiced from a sitting position, you just never know what is going to happen while in the stand, so you better be ready for anything!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 PM

I shoot either way depending on the situation. I practice both so i'm comfortable standing up or sitting. You really need too be able to do both because each hunting situation poses a different challange. -Koz
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always stand.the first thing I always when I first spot a deer is to stand. I like to get long and tall right against the tree, then I don't look like such a blob up there.

Good Luck!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:10 PM

I shake too much when I stand. I'm really scared of heights, I can stand up in the tree, but I can't get comfortable standing and drawing at the same time.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: CLOUD 9, MN

I always stand.the first thing I always when I first spot a deer is to stand. I like to get long and tall right against the tree, then I don't look like such a blob up there.

Good Luck!
That is exactly what I do. When I spot a deeror even hear what I think is a deer, I slowly stand up and lean against the tree. When I am ready for the shot I draw as I slowly lean forward.

I don't like to shoot sitting, I have done it but would much rather stand. You can better compensate for the unexpected movementa deer might do when you are standing.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usually standing also. Have shot several w/ my bow while sitting, but for some reason, I'm more comfortable standing.

Quick Reply: Shoot sitting or standing?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.