Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 muzzy's or slick tricks? >

muzzy's or slick tricks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Muzzy 125
33.33%
slick tricks
48.72%
other?
17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

muzzy's or slick tricks?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:31 PM

Default muzzy's or slick tricks?

i hafta get some new broad heads. i am debating b/w the muzzy 125s and the slick tricks. i can pick up the muzzy at Bass Pro but will hafta order the slick tricks. any suggestions. i can get the muzzys i think they are 6 for 35 and split them with my father in law or just buy some slick tricks for myself.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:07 PM

Default RE: muzzy's or slick tricks?

I woulda said Muzzy's 3 yrs ago, but I think the quality in Aluminum their using has went downhill....seems like it coincided with the time of mass production to supply every WalMart store in the country. I've had several bend at the ferrule and got one where the Trocar tip busted off. I just bought some ST'sand theyshoot very accurately, but I haven't shot any animals with them yet, so I can't vouch for their killing performance. I had a tip break off one, hit a rock after a passthrough on my target, so I may be sceptical about their strength.Hit em' in the goodie box and either will work, but Iwould have to say the ST would offer a little more precision in grouping. So, I would have to say ST's between the two or Magnus Stingers if your open to others.Good luck.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM

i shoot slick tricks and lovem they are greate they fly perfect with my field tips no wind plane at all plus they rip a huge hole blood trails from hedes.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I went away from Muzzya few years ago and discovered the Rocky My. Ironhead 125 head and won't change. If I had to switch it would be to the Slick Trick 125.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM

I'm a muzzy guy, others I have known have switched away from Muzzy and switched back. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a Muzzy man, but I haven't tried the Slick Tricks yet!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

nevermind
Old 10-05-2005, 02:33 PM

I'm a firm believer of the ST's. Shot a doe on Sept. 17th with an ugly entrance and exit wound. Arrow entered the spine from the top and through one lung. I was adie hardMuzzy user, its time to move on.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is nothing wrong with ether head! I have taken deer using muzzys and they never let me down. On the other hand I liked what I have heard and seem about the slick tricks so I ordered some a few weeks back and I must say these headsare awesome!You really are going to fine with no matter which head you use[&:]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

personally i would use the muzzy but i've never tried any other broadhead...my motto is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quick Reply: muzzy's or slick tricks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.