Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunt spoiled tonight!!! >

Hunt spoiled tonight!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt spoiled tonight!!!

Old 10-02-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Hunt spoiled tonight!!!

So i get to my stand around 4:30. I am in a ground blind tonight seeing as i have 3 does patterned to come in the same spot around 6:30. Well i am all set up and just waiting when around 5:45 a big and loud van pulls up the farmers drive, and he parks 50 yards from me. So i stand up and wistle and tell him i am trying to bow hunt here, and i told him all about my set up. So what does he say, o well i will just park here and walk down the road aways. I am like super mad now, but i figured i could just move to the oppsite side of the woods. So i am packing up my stuff, when 7 geese fly over where he is standing. 3 shots ring out and two geese fall. I was like well at least he aint a bad shot. The geese fall into some standing corn and by now its already 6:20. My hunt has just been screwed by this guy. So i go over and look at his van to see if he as a permit to be hunting on the property, where i hunt you have to display a discharge permit, its a suburban area. Well of course there is none. So about 5 minutes after his birds fall here he comes out of the corn with exactly 0 birds. I asked him if he hadpermission to hunt and he totally lied and then i asked where his birds were. He said he breasted them in the corn. THis meaning he found and breasted 2 geese in standing corn and walked 75 yards back to his truck in 5 minutes...BS. So me being younger than him and not wanting to get him mad, especially cause he has the gun, i walk away , but not after having gotten pictures of the guys van and plate #. So i will talk to the farmer, a good friend and then the local police.

Sorry for venting just made me mad, it would not have been so bad if he would have found the geese or had permission to hunt!

Good luck with your seasons guys, mine aint over so there is still time!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Hunt spoiled tonight!!!

Sorry he ruined your hunt, but excellent thinking!!! Conservation Officers can only do so much, WE as hunters are their eyes and ears out there. Take that to your CO and turn the guy in!

Better luck next time to you.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about that.... GREAT idea taking pictures of that.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about that situation. I run into behavior like that more often than I like to admit. Some hunters trully do not know how to be sportsmen.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Trapper_Hunter

Sorry about that.... GREAT idea taking pictures of that.
yeah definately. hope they catch the guy.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slobs like that make me want to puke. Turn his butt in and hopefully it will get him.[:@]
Old 10-02-2005, 09:05 PM

did you go back and try to find his birds?

Old 10-02-2005, 09:12 PM

You did the right thing. Better luck with your next hunt.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Turn his ass in!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Ya me and my twin bro did find the birds. I saw them fall so i had a mark on them. We looked for about 30 minutes in the dark and found um. I did not really want to eat them, so i gave them to a neighbor who does not hunt but loves it when we share some of our wild game. He even offered to cook them up and have a dinner with both our familys. I guess something good came out of this. One bird was smaller and the other was a good size bird.

Thanks for backin me up on this one, its good to know others support my decisions and that i did the right thing.

Will keep you posted!

Quick Reply: Hunt spoiled tonight!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.