Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Day 2 Doe 2

Old 10-02-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Day 2 Doe 2

Well so far opening weekend has been great for me.Opening morning doe on the ground at 6:35.Yesterday evening coyote bites the dust to one of my arrows.Should of left the turkeys heading my way alone.[:@]
Day 2 this morning got another doe.
So this evening is going to be spent on a buck.I just happened to look over a area today on the edge of this orchard I am hunting.alone the property line is a end of a farmers home runway for his little plane.The deer are crossing here from one set of woods to a connecting set.Both sides full of acorns and both are littered with huge rubs.I found a real big one here I am sure.So hopefully I will have to break down and take a picture with my cell phone.Wife left our digital in her classroom at work.She uses it to take pictures of her students.Dang my luck.It is coming back home Monday.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Day 2 Doe 2

Geez! Where are you hunting?! I've been out three times and haven't seen squat! I'm in Madison Co.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:53 AM

congrats on the does ,now thatsgettingthe frezzer full ,looks like you save some turkes to bye,bye,yote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the freezer meat! Glad you are doing well. Been out twice and only seeing bucks, no big racked ones though. But I haven't seen a doe yet.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:16 AM

I am covered up with does.I am down in the southern end of the state in Union county.Turkeys were this am also but none close enough.The spot I am going to here in about 30 minutes is two woods connected by a fence line at the end of a private grass runway.They are moving from one set of woods to the other along this fence line.Both sides are ate up with rubs from last year and I got a bead on a straight line of rubs on one side.i just dont know which side I want to hunt.Guess I will have to go with my instincts on this one.Atleast I will learn from which way I need to be from here on out epending on the morning or the evening.Good luck to you all.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates , send some of them does up here to pa. I have had a 80 reduction of deer in my back woods.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on your most recent harvest. That is some great shooting.