Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drew First Blood Of Year With Pics >

Drew First Blood Of Year With Pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drew First Blood Of Year With Pics

Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drew First Blood Of Year With Pics

I took off around 5:15 from work today and was almost kicking myself. It was 84 degrees and a 20-30mph wind. I didn't think the deer would be moving at all in the heat, so I decided to hang treestands instead of hunting. I got to location 1 to hang a stand where a 150 class buck is, I got up in the tree and got the stand up and looked out in the CRP about 350 yards and there he was. I climbed out of the tree an walked out to my pickup.

I got to thinking, hmmmmmm, maybe the deer are moving tonite. So I drove about a mile from location 1 and setup on the ground, with no blind, where the Piebald doe is hanging out. I had only been sitting on the ground under the pine trees for maybe 20 minutes when I saw movement 45 yards to my right, had a buck working down the pine trees right to my location. I got positioned for a shot, the deer kept coming and coming, soon he was no more than 5 yards from me looking me right in the eye. I kept my cool and he musta thought I wasn't a threat as he kept going right past me. He was a dink, only a small 3x3 about a year an half old deer with good potential. About 3 minutes later I see a deer coming from the same spot as him, this time it was a doe. The doe came hard and pert near ran into me. She jumped out about 7 yards from me, as she was jumping I came to full draw, she stopped broadside and looked me over, the 100gr Spitfire found its mark with a big THHHHWAAAACK. She ran about 15 yards forward, then about 30 yards out, then backtracked a ways and sounded like she piled up about 50 yards from my location. I haven't gone looking for her yet, waiting for brother to get home from combining to help drag her out, an take pics. I did look for my arrow for a few minutes but it got dark fast. There is a huge blood trail, so finding her won't be a problem, I hope!

I'll post pics up when I find her!

Old 10-01-2005, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Drew First Blood Of Year

Great job cant wait to see the pics.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deer-hunter18

Great job cant wait to see the pics.
ditto
Old 10-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job, can't wait for the pix

Old 10-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

She end up going about 80 yards or so, hard to tell in the dark when your in a corn field. It was a perfect double lung, and my first deer with the Pro Series Spitfires. Haven't found my arrow yet,but the head performed flawlessly. The blood trail spoke for itself, as did the holes in the deer. I have to butcher the deer real quick tonite, and when I'm done I'll get the pictures uploaded as promised.[:-]
Old 10-02-2005, 02:05 AM

Nice doe.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 10-02-2005, 02:27 AM

Congrats on your doe, I nailed a nice big fat doe this morning too. Mine was quartering away at 31 yrds and my muzzy found its mark. Mine made it about 40 yrds. I wish I had a digital camera to share it with you guys. If the season keeps up like this itwill be great.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:19 AM

Congrats,and nice pics

Quick Reply: Drew First Blood Of Year With Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.