Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another Yote bites the dust. >

Another Yote bites the dust.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Yote bites the dust.

Old 10-01-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Another Yote bites the dust.

I was sitting in my stand listening to the turkeys come up the hill towards for about 20 minutes.All of a sudden they start chirpin and flying.And headed in a different direction.I thought one of them saw me so I was mad.trying to figure out how in the heck they saw me.Then over comes this yote almost with a smile on his face.he ruined my hunt for the evening.No more turkey coming and the deer took off also snorting all the way.He stopped about 25 yards out.His mistake.[8D]He only made it another 20 yards before piling up.For the last 2 years this lil guy ruined over a dozen of my hunts in those oaks.He will ruin no more.
Would of gotten a picture but it is only me and my camera sucks for pictures.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Another Yote bites the dust.

Good shootin'. That should make some of your future hunting easier.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a similar experience tonight - except I missed the coyote. [:@]

He came down the edge of a standing corn field at 15 yards, stopped in the shooting lane, SAT DOWN to scratch his head with one of his hind legs, and I missed! Unbelievable! At first I thought I hit him a little low, but after he ran off I took out the binos and I could see my arrow sticking in the mud with no sign of blood on the white fletchings. I got down right at dark and found a little tuft of hair where I grazed the underside of his chest - arrow was clean.

Ironic thing is - my hunting partner missed a coyote out of that same stand last year. I think it's cursed.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats i've never had the chance to shoot at or take a yote. but i have gotten the bejessus scared out of me by them.