Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife of the year >

Wife of the year

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife of the year

Old 09-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wife of the year

Hey guys, don't mean to brag or nothing.... but oh yes I do.... I have to say, I have heard many guys talk about how their wives don't understand their sport or support them in what is important to them. If it is hunting, fishing or even playing golf, you always hear about the wife who is "the problem" or "the drag" when it comes to guys doing what guys do.
Well I have to say, that not only does my wife support me in my love of hunting, she is completelyabove and beyond support.
We work together running a small business, and on the days that I want to go hunt, she has to assume the heavier work load, and does it gladly.
She even encourages me to go.... BUT GET THIS... last year for my birthday, she buys me a new summit stand... this year.... A new Dodge Dakota Sport, quad cab!!
She says she doesn't want me using our store delivery van any more to bring home dead deer.
I did not expect this at all.... and so therefore I nominate her for Wife of the year.
And sorry fellas.... she does not havea sister.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Wife of the year

Nothing wrong with braggin on your wife!! That's great that you two are that close. I am sure that there are things you do for her as well that are equally important.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Something smells fishy here. You sure she isn't cheatin' on you?

I am joking ofcourse. She sounds like the perfect wife and I second the nomination.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:36 PM

I'm not trying to steal yer thunder, but I think your onto something. I'm int he Navy and have 4 kids (1,3,5,7) who are all handfuls. My wife has totally supported my hunting hobby. I sold my old POS bow earlier this year thinking I would be deployed. Didn't deploy, needed a bow. She talked me into buying a very nice bow...and even let me get a new (to me) truck to tote my deer home with.
In her head, I could be out at the bar every night or getting into trouble...wants to sit in the woods and watch deer (maybe even take one home)...no prob.

Heres to great wives.

Tim
Old 09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

She even encourages me to go.... BUT GET THIS... last year for my birthday, she buys me a new summit stand... this year.... A new Dodge Dakota Sport, quad cab!!
She ain't that great if she bought you a stinkin' Dodge! [:'(][:@]

Kidding!!

Sounds like a keeper to me?!

Mike

Old 10-01-2005, 12:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thats very good,My wife is the same and even guts and drags my deer.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I set my wife straight right off the bat. I wear the pants and I do what I want when I want and it's a good thing she doesn't know the link to this web site.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW shes got my vote too. That's great. My wife is very encouraging about telling me too get my a** home.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A good wife is a valuable asset and every good man ought to have one. My wife is counting down the days till hunting season so she can get me out of the house on Saturdays. Me too!!!.....lol. She leaves all the truck and bow shopping up to me and that's not a problem. Congrats to all the lucky men out there with wifes that support their hunting habits.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife can get a littel crabby when i go hunting but she knows how much it means to me to spend time with my little brother and her cousin who got me started in bowhunting back in 1997. We have becaome very close and can talk about things to eachother about anything. I was there for Mike (wifes cousin) after his divorce and and then after a hard break up with a womanwho basically screwed him over for a year.I think it helped him out quite abit to have buddy to go have a few beers with and talk to and help him relax and forget all the preassures in life, talk hunting, and drink a few beers andbe safe. Have fun in life, take a child, friend, or family member hunting or simply introduce them to the wonderful world of hunting and the great out doors.Last year my wife did something that shocked the heck out of, I shot a 7 pointer during bow season and went home to tellher the good news, she go ther shoes on and stuff adn said lets go track him.......WOOOOOO .... where did that come from? So we went. We got to the spot where I had shot the buck and I told her to stand where the buck was whenI shot him. I was in my stand, I toldherto make a slight turn to the northwest and walk about 6 feet. Ok, I get down out of mystand and told her to start looking for blood. I couldnt find any right where the deer was so i got in my hands and knees and began reading the signs. Needless to say before i could even get moving she found the signs. A crap load of blood. I knew it was a good hit because i hit where i wanted to and heard him go down in the brush. We tracked the buck through the thickest brush known to man and foundhim no more than 30 yards from my stand. Shes a natural born tracker. Acouple weeks later she helped me track a doe that I had shot,had a great blood trail, but never did find the doe, I went out the next day to pick up where we left offadn ran out of blood. I thought i had a good shot untill the arrow hit a twig and deflected the arrow and hot her in the leg. The good news is, we got her 4 days later during the Wisconisn Gun Deer season opened. I told Mike that if he happend to see a big old doe with a hole in the leg to shoot her, Needless to say he got her.

Quick Reply: Wife of the year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.