Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscut

Old 09-28-2005, 02:10 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscut

I USED to have one, practiced all summer long with it and loved it, until one October evening. It was one of those cool, about freezing, evenings with no wind and very still. I had a doe coming towards me and I drew on her at about 40 yards and the arrow coming through that biscuit sounded like finger nails on a chalkboard. Needless to say she was gone. I suspect it made noise all summer long that I never noticed until that still, quiet evening. I also thought maybe the cold stiffened the bristles. Anyway I tried calling Carolina Archery Products to see why it was doing this and what I could do and they never returned phone calls. The rest came off the next day.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:12 PM

i love mine. a straight helical is bestfor the wb.a small dab of fletch tite at the front of your vanes will take care of fletching ripping off.nobody really knows if you lose any speed with a wb because the is no real way to check,for every bow will shoot different,even identical bows with identical ascessories will shoot different.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:23 PM

MNpurple,there is a spay on the market for the wb that will take care of that.i used it in dec. here in the u.p. late bow season we usually have a foot or two of snow.the spray works great.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I WILL DIE...... A FALL AWAY GUY
Old 09-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Wisker Biscut and love it! It's for sureyou'll get wavy vanes on some arrows including my Easton shafts but my accuracy does not suffer. The fellow at my archery shop saidif you watch an arrow on release, in slow motion you can see the vanes get wavy naturally! I've noticed that if you rotate your nock so the cock feather is up you will get the proper clearance for your vanes going through the Biscut. This is important! I would'nt hunt with any other.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had any real problems with mine. Get the delux (sp?) model so you can adjust it in all directions. That makes it really easy to tune. I've got mine to shoot b-head out to 40 yds just like my field points.

I didn't notice any negligible loss of speed and I haven't had any problems with it.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Love the concept, but hate the Biscuit. People told me you will either, "Love it, or Hate it". I bought one and hate it. Will not work on my Darton Maverick. I shoot fingers and don't think that helps any. Couldn't use my 5" feathers. One inch of the feathers projected into the Biscuit when the arrow was on the rest. Obviously that wasn't going to work soI refletched down to 4". The veins would work marginally well, but they were inconsistent. Feathers on the otherhand were totally off the chart and there was no tuning to make them work. Frustrated, I finally pulledoff the Biscuit and used the center of it for the bullseye. Guess what??....It works great for that!!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and for the money it is the best thing going. All the problems people have encountered are normal and nothing to have a cow about! Always problems with my arrows falling off my rest and that crap. Have someone set it that knows what they are doing!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

I use the whisker biscuit and love it. I shot in a leauge and placed real good with the whisker biscuit. As for hunting its the best, hands free. the new biscuit upgrade where the arrow drops threw the rest the bristles are softer and seem to have no affect on the feathers. Im kinda leaning toward the muzzy zero affect but the price has to come down a bit before i buy. a 20.00 biscuit replacement is alot better then 90.00. Try it youll like it
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM

i work part time for my buddy in his bow shop,we sell alot of whisker bisquits you must shoot cock feather up or your fletching will pass through the black whiskers.those whiskers are for arrow support they are much stiffer and denser.if you dont shoot cock feather up you will rip off vanes and arrow flight will not be proper.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.