Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have U saw these broadheads? >

Have U saw these broadheads?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have U saw these broadheads?

Old 09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have U saw these broadheads?

A guy that lives in my town came up with those broadheads, razorrings, he sold the patton a few years ago. There were issues with them not being consistent all the time when shooting. But i will tell you one thing, my best friend used them exclusively for a long time and Stan the inventor used themfor bear. I dont know of any other broadhead out there that leaves a blood trail like that. Stan limited himself to broadside shots, it was amazing the chunk they would take out. And my buddy put down countless deer with them.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Razorrings are not a new idea. They tried it before, a long time ago.

Like the old saying goes, "Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it."
Old 09-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like the old saying goes, "Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it."
Old 09-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Somebody just gave me a few. I think I'm going to take my doe with one. I'll tell you one thing, don't shoot them into your targets, or your block won't last long.

Their durability is questionable, and the blades dull quickly, but I can't wait to see what 78# does to a doe. They don't shoot the same as my Muzzy heads.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 AM

Quicksilver, why just a doe??????
Old 09-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them once on a young eight point buck that was maybe a two year old. At that time I was pushing somewhere around 65 lbs. of KE.. On an almost broadside shot I didn't get a complete passthrough. I didn't think the blood trail was all that special either.

In addition to the penetration problems I didn't think the quality of the head itself was very good either. Fragile, not everyone spun true either. I consider them to be junk. One persons opinion based on experience, take it for what it is worth.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by PABowhntr
Ok, I will bite. Why are they crap?...and why is the Atom broadhead crap? Did anyone test them? What type of results were found? Did they fall apart? Did they not penetrate well? Were they dull out of the box?
I've had great results with the Atom Broadhead. It is the only broadhead that I shoot now. I've never had one fail, and never had one fail to pass all the way through whatever I've been shooting.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't find a pic of those things on that site.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PABowhntr
Ok, I will bite. Why are they crap?...and why is the Atom broadhead crap? Did anyone test them? What type of results were found? Did they fall apart? Did they not penetrate well? Were they dull out of the box?
Lack of penetration is why they are no good. No need to test as the design tells us all we need to know.

The atoms on the other hand I think is a good concept although I can't say if they actually work as Ive never tried them.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

From what I can see rom te drawing, they wouldn't be legal in PA.

Quick Reply: Have U saw these broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.