Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I STINK!!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I STINK!!!!

My boots that is. How do you suggest I get the sickening stench out of the bottom of my rubber boots? I've worn them here and there throughout the summer (most of the time probably without socks on). Now they smell like you wouldn't believe. Any ideas on how to get rid of it without creating a worse smell (if that's possible)
Old 09-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I STINK!!!!

TRy putting baking soda in the bottom of them it may work. ANd try washiing your stank feet some time.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:27 AM

Are they rubber? Scrub them out with baking soda and water.

Leather? Hard to say...maybe throw them in the washing machine in a scent free soap and hope for the best.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 AM

buy new ones. that or dont wear hunting boots to work.

i use a lot of baking soda myself.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:30 PM

Do you wear your hunting clothes here and there all year long as well? If not, why do you wear your hunting shoes all year long? They are part of your hunting clothes after all. You should only wear your hunting boots while you are hunting. Buy another pair. I don't care if you use all the baking soda in the world, it is unlikely you will wash away a year's worth of odors that have built up. If you hunt in those boots, you might as well go hunting in your everyday clothes.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:47 PM

Stuff dry newspaper into them and change the newspaper every day for a week. Follow that up with a good baking soda washing and you'll be amazed at how much better it will get.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

tinks 69
Old 09-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a shower! [:'(]
Old 09-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you add some vinegar or lemon juice with the baking soda for the first scrubbing it will "activate" the baking soda and help to eliminate the odor. After using the lemon juice or vinegar use just the baking soda for a few more scrubbings. Baking soda is a natural scent eliminator, so you can use it for more than just your stinky feet!!! You can use it to brush those teeth that gnaw on those toes!!!! [][:'(][:-][:-][:-][&o] LOLOLOL

Old 09-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

First, wash with a detergent, preferrably a scent-free liquid soap.

Second, apply a liberal amount of peroxide. If anything is bubbling, rinse and repeat.

Third, rewash with soap.

Fourth, spray heavily with scent-killer.

Fifth, go buy another pair and break them in before the heart of the season, just in case

Quick Reply: I STINK!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.