Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This is the worst........ >

This is the worst........

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is the worst........

Old 10-01-2002, 05:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default This is the worst........

time of the year!!!!! Man I am going nuts. All my initial stands are set, the scouting is done, I have not been to my hunting property in a week!!!! All I do is sit around going over and over in my head, which stand I will take Saturday morning, which stand for midday through dark. I keep asking myself will the wind be right for this one stand that is set up for my hottest spot. Heck are the rest of the stands perfect. I can't stop!!!! Saturday is opener, I know the stands are all in good spots, will the wind continue its normal direction, will the secondary stands in case the wind is the opposite be in the right spot!!!! Will I finally get my first bow kill!!! Will I use my scent dispensers? Where will I put them if I do????

HELP!!! For those of you whos season has not opened yet, is it this bad for you?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 10-01-2002, 06:30 AM

Default RE: This is the worst........

I know how you feel. Did I cut enough shooting/travel lanes? Did I hang them in the best spots? It's hard to not want to keep going to the land to double-check everything. It's not as bad for me this year though since I just got through with the crop damage season and was pretty successful. I only have to wait another 2 weeks for the bow season to open.

-Mike

Old 10-01-2002, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

YES!!! This is the longest week of the year for me. Our season opens in PA this weekend as well. I can't wait for Saturday to get here. Then the next 6 weeks fly by....that sucks.

Old 10-01-2002, 06:39 AM
Spike

LOL, You couldnt have summed up my own thoughts any better! The anticipation combined with all the variables that are out of your control can drive you insane in the weeks before the season opener

Old 10-01-2002, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are right it is a bad time but yesterday I went to check on one of my stands this one I can see from a dirt road with binocs standing under the stand was a 3 point and 7 does and across the road on the other side was an 8 and 9 does so it is looking good for that stand site for now . Of course anything can happen in 2 weeks.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:31 AM

I know what you mean. I've been trying to just focus on practicing my shooting and not worry too much about these things that are out of my control. But last night I was out back shooting when I noticed one of the 10 pointers I've been watching was crossing the field behing the house about 150 yards away. I watched him for about 10 minutes as he slowly made his way across the field. So much for not thinking about the deer. Just hope I can find him again come Saturday!
Old 10-01-2002, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did all the same things. I make it a point to clear my approach routes too. HOWEVER . . . some of the grasses regrew to a little above my rubber boot height. That was a bad thing because it was unavoidable and the big does headed my way got a whiff of it before coming into my "slam dunk" shooting lane and turned around before I got a good opportunity. Next year, roundup may make the trip with me!

Today's small bucks are tomorrow's trophies.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Taz,

Do you have a Cardeer necklace? It might help ease the worries and give you a nice buck to take with your bow.

Butch
Old 10-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Butch yes I do have a necklace that I keep in my top drawer to prevent deer from running into my truck!!!! The bad thing is just seeing the necklace makes the itch even worse!!! IS IT SATURDAY YET?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 10-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Taz,

That's cool. I will be out Saturday as well. I keep my Cardeer necklace in my fanny pack along with my Dad's old hunting license with the single deer tag removed. When I am ready to go out, then and only then will I wear the necklace. I treasure it and my dad's old license tremendously.

Butch

Quick Reply: This is the worst........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.