HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I need answers!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/113241-i-need-answers.html)

KickerPoint79 09-18-2005 02:32 PM

RE: I need answers!!

I know when I have gotten seed ticks I take a bath as hot as I can stand it. It
will kill them and I figure it will kill the chiggers too. However if they have
already dug in the damage is probably done. Time to use the other methods
mentioned here then.

Double Creek 09-18-2005 03:01 PM

Is a chigger the same thing as a "redbug"? I do get red bugs from time to time, but never more than one or two and you're right, they itch like heck.

Arthur P 09-18-2005 03:12 PM

Yep. they are the same nasty little critter, DC.

heeze gutshot shortee 09-25-2005 08:29 AM

SOWNZ LAK YO PO BOYZ GOT DE CRABZ

weakie 09-25-2005 12:41 PM

i know this sounds like bullcrap but i have used gasoline in the past and it worked for me. i just rubbed them down with a wet rag of gas. i believe its safer then soaking in a tub of bleach lol.

smokyghost 09-25-2005 12:58 PM

chiggers man i feel ya pain, chiggers are harmless but they do cause some damage. They are little parasites called red bugs etc. they dont borrow in the skin they bite and leave an enzyme under your skin which causes the itching, once they bite they fall off. they dont cause lyme disease but can cause serious digging and scratching. they usually die when the temp hits 40 and below they thrive in temp above 40. Ive had em so bad on me one time that i took off all my clothes and drove home in my underwear. bleach seems to be the best remedy ive found. but doesnt cure right away.

darian1998 09-25-2005 12:58 PM

try clear fingernail polish or a product called chiggerrid
they both work

fl.huntress 09-25-2005 05:45 PM

clear finger nail polish works like a charm.

mr4pt 09-25-2005 05:50 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but what exactly isa chigger?...and why haven't I heard of it in my neck of the woods?
You've got to be kidding me? A grown man, an outdoorsman at that, and you've never had/heard of chiggers/redbugs? Dude, ever had a tick?

A bleach bath always did the trick for me but I haven't had em in years. Ever since I started eating garlic in about every meal I cook......

Champlain Islander 09-25-2005 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: solocam1

South of the mason dixon line mainly, you carpet baggin yankee!!!!!! Little bitty parasites, similar to fleas except much smaller, can't be seen. I believe they burrow into hair folicules or just right in the skin and they itch like hell.
Yup we yankees sent them down there as a present. We caught them all up here and sent them south of the line. That is why we don't have them here. Look Ma no itchin.:D