Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lunch?

Old 09-16-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Lunch?

I'm curious about eating lunch in the stand. Do you think its better to lunch in the stand or getdown and disturb your area? Normally I get down and head back to the car for lunch, but this year I'll be too far tomake the walk. I could get down and move to a"non deer area".I am just curious what everybodyelse thinks, my decision will probally be made in the stand when the belly rumbles.
I know it would be best not toeat, but I just won't make 11 hours with out a bite.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Lunch?

I always bring snacks and lunch into the woods. Just dont bring anything that will make alot of noise when you open or unwrap it.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I eat lunch at noon and a snack at 4 pm then sit to dark.Never leave the stand
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your never going to get one walking around eating your lunch or from the parking lot. Stay on stand, and take a hint from the way a deer eats , chews, stops, looks and listens, then another bite. You can't hear a deer coming while your chewing. Good Luck, and let the other hunters move the deer at noon.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I typically head back to the truck or to the house for lunch on most occasions. If I think the area is going to be hot for one reason or another then I will sit on stand all day.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I take lunchables. You have to open them slowly as not to make to much noise. I even had a big buck ask me if I had any extra cheese one day.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

On all day hunts I pack a lunch and would eat it on stand, However, usually about the time i'm hungry is when i realize i forgot it in the fridge at home!
Old 09-16-2005, 07:26 PM

Deer sausage, nutty bars, and an apple. Along with a bottle of water, this is the best combination I have come up with. All very easy to pack, all finger foods, high in protein, fiber, and even some sugar. Sit it out if you can.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

right when you leave the stand is when you will see them, spook them. You wont even be ready to get a shot off..youll be thinking about eating..Gun unloaded slung on your back..Thats when that monster buck will appear...instead of pushing him onto your vehicle, .Youll probably pushhim to some other hunter...Pack nuts,water, jerky, raisins, candy, jellybeans,sammich etc. I use ziplock and eat slowly keeping a look out..Never leave your stand unless your going home or relocating ..Iv knocked out many a deer during that 12-3pm lunchtime slot..probably killed one you were scouting..Thats what a hunter does though isnt it? I come in early and stay late.Try to get the most hunting in that I can. Safe and Happy hunt to ya
Old 09-24-2005, 10:08 PM

I take lunchables. You have to open them slowly as not to make to much noise. I even had a big buck ask me if I had any extra cheese one day.

MOTOWNHONKEY, that is hilarious!

Quick Reply: Lunch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.