Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dangerous Tree?

Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Spike

Default Dangerous Tree?

Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else..... I got out yesterday evening for the Missouri opener. I was just settled in at about 18feet upwith my climber when I heard some cracking. I looked up and about 30 yards up the ridge from my stand a tree was bending over and headed right for me. It ended up crashing down ten foot from my stand. Scared the living &!@$ out of me! Well I didnt see any deer that night, but at least i was able to leave without any head injuries. And yes, if a tree falls in the woods it does make a sound...especially if its right next to ya!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 AM

Default RE: Dangerous Tree?

That's funny because last night the same thing happened around me. I was never is danger but twice during the afternoon, large branches fell out of trees around me. They made a huge crashing noise then I would hear what sounded like an animal running like a bat out of hell. I never saw where they fell but I sure could hear them.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:11 AM

HAHAHAHAH THATS FUNNY, PRETTY SCARED HA
TAKE CARE YOU GUYS AND GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 AM

Yeah, life got a little wet in the Missouri woods thursday evening!! Gotta love the pop up blind. I stayed good and dry. Glad that sucker didn't land on you!!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last season while hunting a new area close to home I had a large tree crack loudly and then fall within about 50 yards of my stand. It was very disconcerting! Needless to say I finished my hunt early as I did not want to be up in a tree at that specific time.