Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife wants a bow >

Wife wants a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife wants a bow

Old 09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wife wants a bow

Well after buying a new Diamond Victory for myself, my wife decided she wants a bow. She thinks shooting together will mean more quality time together and I'm all for it. She says she will hog hunt with me but has no interest in killing a deer. I think she will change her tune after getting her first hog. Who knows? I'm thinking maybe a Hoyt Rintec? Any other bows she should take a serious look at?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wife wants a bow

I would think that any adult bow that is offered in lower draw weights and shorter draw lengths would probably work well for her. It has been awhile since I have been bowshoppin' for the Mrs. but from what I remember almost all the manufacturers had at least one bow in their lineup that was offered with these types of specs. in mind. Since you bought a Diamond model have you looked to see if any of them are offered in something that would fit her? What price range are we talking about here?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife chose a Parker Challenger II when she got a bow. It's a nice bow and she's been happy with it. Now if I could only get her to shoot more often.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess price would be from $250 up. The Diamond Rapture in 50# might be a good choice also. Thanks, we'll look into that as well as the Rintec. We have a new bow shop here and I'm pretty impressed with them and their prices. They gave me a great deal on my bow. They carry Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Browning, and Diamond so the only problem with selection is too much to choose from.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Let her buy her own with her money.She will appreciate it more
Old 09-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

whatever she feels comfortable with is theone i would get her......i think she'll be slaying the deer, maybe not this season , but once she gets it in her, she'll be weak, and she'll have to be out there lol.......i wish her the best of luck....
Old 09-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The Diamond Rapture in 50# might be a good choice also.
I think the Rapture would be an excellent choice. Then you could say..."What do you mean I never bought you a Diamond?"

Seriously though I think the Rapture is a great little shooter. I am sure she will be pleased with it, but, as mentioned definitely head down to the shop and let her try a few out before buying.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new hunting buddy!

Tom
Old 09-16-2005, 08:17 AM

This spring we bought my wife a Parker Micro-Pheonix. She really likes it and it shoots great. You might check that one out.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tell her no way and run as fast as you can to your woods and don't look back!

Quick Reply: Wife wants a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.