Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here in Kentucky... >

Here in Kentucky...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here in Kentucky...

Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Here in Kentucky...

My friend told me that he was down on the farm where we hunt, and he found a single scrape. I couldn't believe that he found one so early, but he insists that it was; it was located on the edge of a field in a spot that is notorious for having scrapes year after year. Has anyone else in KY or nearby areas seen any? My mind gets to racing when I think about all the fun to come in the next few weeks.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here in Kentucky...

they are going crazy in florida...hopefully they are in kentucky as well.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see them every year. I think they are territorial scrapes. I don't think they will hit them much until the rut then they may come back in and use them again.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found a scrape Sunday with blood on it. Some of the rubs are from bucks rubbing off velvet and others are from territorial bucks.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:02 PM

good deal on Scentlok green liner coat and pants on E bay. search under "scentlok" $52
Old 09-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

they hadn't started the last time i was up there but i haven't been there since labor day weekend. what part of ky are ya'll hunting in. i'm over in christian county with those big ole farm country bucks.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 AM

I hunt in both Breckinridge and Meade Counties, up on the ol' Ohio River. Have a nice weekend hunting everybody.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Webster and Henderson
Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 AM

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS, I'M IN MEXICO.
BUT TEXAS SEASON IS ON THE WAY![8D]AND CHICKS DOWN HERE ARE COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, they can scrape really early. I wish I had hauled the camera into the woods. When I walked Rick in to show him this area yesterday I was pointing out a trail junction. I pointed atone then the other. As I pointed at the one I noticed I was pointing at a big ole scrape. It had been freshened up in the morning. The scrape wasn't there last Saturday when I showed Len the spot. It was 2 1/2-3 feet round with a couple big ole foot prints right in the middle. We hung his standabout 18yards away. He shot a buck there this AM. I don't believe it was the one that made the scrape either. I had a buck that I hunted in Georgia for 3 years about 25 years ago. He did it on the other end. Two years in a row I went in late in Feb and early March to retrieve stands. This buck was still working scrapes in March.

Quick Reply: Here in Kentucky...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.