Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 friend or foe?  buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!! >

friend or foe? buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

friend or foe? buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!!

Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 AM

Default friend or foe? buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!!

hello fellow hunters imin a spot need some advice/help. A buddy of mine and i were talking the other day about where he was going to hunt and to my suprise he told me he was setting up a 40 away from my prime spot!!!!!!!! so naturally i was pissed off,because if he hunts there on a northwind it i think it will screw my spot up cause where he wants to sit his scent will blow straight at my stand!!!!send me your input please. .
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 AM

Default RE: friend or foe? buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!!

Could be an issue...or maybe not. Does your buddy have any hunting experience? He may just setting up near you because he is afraid to get out of sight range. I'm sure it something along the lines of what his perception of hunting is. I have set up with a buddy of mine within 70 yds of each other during rifle season because of the same. But hta was a public land spot, I don't know what land you are hunting (FLA isn't known for great hunting land availabilities)

Tim
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

If he is 40 acres away...you have no worries!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:24 AM

40 acres..... quit your bitchin! If you said 40 yards then it would be war. Dont loose a friend over something as foolish as a hunting spot. Think twice before you confront him about your LITTLE problem.[:-]
Old 09-13-2005, 10:26 AM

40 acres is a good chunk of land between you, I wouldn't worry about that one bit. Especially not scent from that far, however I would try to get in my stand BEFORE him in the afternoon and stay later than him in the morningas he might push something your way as he walks to and from his stand.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah 40 acres!?[:-]
I WISH I had 40 acres of seperation between me and ANYBODY here in PA's bowseason.

There are truly days that I see more hunters than deer.[:@](And that's on private land.)

Don't sweat it, maybe just explain your concerns about the wind direction and when to hunt or not. I think you can work it out.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, how far is 40 acres in yards?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL 40 acres away. Hey around here you have 20 people in 40 acres in bow and in gun I usually see up to 50 people a day walk by
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM

40 acres has 193,600 square yards in it. To solve multiply # of acres by 4840.0.....40 x 4840.0 = 193,600 square yards!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think you're safe, lol......40 yds, i'd be p.o.ed but not 40 acres......i wouldnt even be mad if it were 20 acres.....God is going to bless your hunt if he chooses too,regardless, you could be 30 yds. from him and if God wants you to have that deer, you'll be the one to get it......knowing this has calmed me down on a few occassions, lol......

Quick Reply: friend or foe? buddy sticks a stand 40 acres awayfrom mine!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.