Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!! >

Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

I am not trying to preach, but I have read so many threads from smart people who want to believe that rubbermaid containers keep their clothes scent free. All I ask of you is Why do you think they keep your clothes scent-free? Are they vacuum sealed? Do they have an air tight gasket? AIR WILL MOVE IN AND OUT IF THERE IS NO AIR TIGHT SEAL! This is non-debatable. And if they had an air-tight seal, when you snapped the lid shut, you would be trapping all the house air in there if your were sealing it inside your home. Just use some common sense folks. Put some clothes in your rubbermaid container and then stick it in one of your smoking friends' homes. See if you can smell the smoke on your camo. If your not willing to chance it with your camo in a smoke filled house, why would you do it anywhere else? Use big Zip Loc bags and be done with it.

Sorry, had to rant.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

So much for my stock in Rubbermaid! [:@]
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Not only are they not scent proof..........they emit a chemical/plastic odor which is sure to seap into your clothes.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Not only are they not scent proof..........they emit a chemical/plastic odor which is sure to seap into your clothes.

What clothes storage device doesn't?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:36 PM

I agree that they are not air tight but you can put scent wafers in them after washing your hunting gear in your favorite scent or scent free soap. I do it with mine and they are ok. I've had deer walk within 10ftof me and didn't see or smell me until I moved at them. I do suggest the large heavy duty zip locks. Makes sense....
Old 09-08-2005, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MASTERDIVER

I agree that they are not air tight but you can put scent wafers in them after washing your hunting gear in your favorite scent or scent free soap. I do it with mine and they are ok. I've had deer walk within 10ftof me and didn't see or smell me until I moved at them. I do suggest the large heavy duty zip locks. Makes sense....
You might as well let your clothes air out in your pick up bed.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:46 PM

Ya know ShadowAce I've washed my clothes in the creek before. Guess how I dried them........ That's funny you mentioned that.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just dont worry about it and hunt.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the rant but after I air my clothes outside I put them in a garbage bag before sealing them in a rubber made container. That should cover it, shouldn't it?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 AM

Giant zip lock with earth scent disc in it, than a Rubbermaid container after washing with HS laundry soap.....haven't shot a deer yet...not cause they winded me, they hung around just outside my range (30yds) they grazed, played grab ass...but never knew I was there!

Quick Reply: Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.