Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer pictures

Old 09-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Default deer pictures

what has it come to guys? take a harmless post about an incredible whitetail buck shot in north dakota, and turn it into 5 pages of how people in the north/east/west take bad pictures?

SOOOO...

What is the big deal about taking in-the-field photos? Does the quality of photos change the memory of the hunt? A photo?Is it easier to forget a hunt because the pic was from a truck bed?

I know that whena successful hunt is over i'm thinking more about getting that big ol boy out of there and home than I am taking a great picture with proper backlighting.

Really guys, what is the big deal?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Default RE: deer pictures

if it`s no big deal to you then don`t worry about it.

personally i like to photograph any animalhunted out in the field. they just look better.
i also like to take photo`s before the knife comes out.
it only takes a minute or two so why not have a better back ground in the pix, then say a pick up bed with blood puddles and the tung hanging out.

just my thoughts.

PT
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

Last year when I shot my Moose we took two rolls of film in case something happened to one of the rolls. Didn't take as many with my P&Y but had it on digital so I new they turned out good! I take pic's of all my bow kills right where they lay. Then I take some more before I bone it out.

Guess what................ I live in the North[&:]
Old 09-08-2005, 03:32 PM

I have to agree. The memory of the hunt is much better. However, I think that pictures in the field give whomever is viewing a much better story. It brings them a little closer to the action if you will.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like I said before dont even takes pics much anymore anywhere.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its more appropriate to both non-hunters and young hunters to take quality pictures in the field. I have landlords that come here from California that do not hunt, but to show respect to me they always ask to see my hunting pictures. They have seen a few pictures of deer that have been gutted out in the pickup box, with the tongue hanging out and you could tell they were disgusted. When they see a nice picture with a good background they always seem to comment on how nice the photo is, etc. So I guess it just boils down to personal preference, and I'd rather take the extra time for a clean picture in the field than a so-so in the pickup box.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's on first?

Seriously gentlemen, don't you think we should better orchestrate our time and energy around topics that have a meaning.

When we all stop bickering about picture taking, lets remember just whos side we all are on.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. I take the pics when I can. Some are very classy, some are on the garage floor, some are in te truck bed. I have tons of pictures. The memory isn't diminished because the pic could have been better.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HATE truck bed and garage floor photos

It tells me the kind of hunter a person is.

sorry - thats how I feel.

FH
Old 09-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: farm hunter

I HATE truck bed and garage floor photos

It tells me the kind of hunter a person is.

sorry - thats how I feel.

FH

A guy in our hunting club killed the biggest buck (8 point) that had ever been killed on our place last year.

I tried several times to get him to take it off the 4-wheeler and set him up for a good photo, but he was too lazy, not wanting to unload then load it back up.

Not my cup of tea I guess. The way I look at it, once that time is gone, it's gone. Better take a good picture while you can.

Quick Reply: deer pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.