Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first archery tournement >

My first archery tournement

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first archery tournement

Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Default My first archery tournement

I entered a charity archery shoot a few days ago and entered the hunter class and came out with a score of 174. This was my very first archery tournement and was told that 174 was a real good score for a first timer in tournements. The shots were from 20 to 40yds on bear, black panther, deer, mountain goat, coyote, turkey, chamios, javelina and so on. I hit 25 out of 25 targets but the thing is, in the hunter class 12's and 5's didnt count so my score was actually higher. I got one 12, eleven 10's, nine 8's, and five 5's. The guy ahead of me shot in some bigger tournements and made mostly 10's in this one but also missed the target completely 2-3 times and lost those arrows. Him and his buddy came out with 230 and 250 score even though both of them missed the target completely several times. Some of the targets were too hard for these "pro's" and they got amazed that a archery tournement beginner made shots they didnt It was very very fun shooting from tree stands, chairs and standing....cant wait for the next tournement.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 PM

Default RE: My first archery tournement

I would say that is a pretty good score for 25 targets. Definitely not a trophy winner, but respectable.

Most of the tournaments I go to have 30 targets and most guys shoot in the 240-250 range. Many will shoot in the 270's and 280's and the best will shoot 300 and up. Targets from 30-40yds on average. A few under 30 and a few over 40.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: My first archery tournement

Congratulations. Many folks don't even have the nerve to enter a tournament such as this. It sounds like you did well.