Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!) >

Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!)

Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!)

First off, we cannot use expandables with the outfitter we are going with so we can forget all of those.

We would like to find out which head you have the most confidence in for elk at 40-50 yards. We were told cut on contact is best but which brand should we go with?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:42 PM

Default RE: Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!)

Muzzy has never let me down
Old 09-06-2005, 02:48 PM

Magnus Stingers or SteelForce in that order.

Can't go wrong with either head though IMO.

The Stinger Buzzcuts I just got a few days ago are so freakin' sharp that they make me nervous and they fly like a lazer beam.

I can see no reason why either of those heads would not give you maximum penetration and great results on an elk. I shoot my Stingers out to 40 yards with no flight issues at all. I just came in from shooting from my stand in the yard and I was all set for a long session of shooting when the first three shots from the stand were all dead center in the X of the bullseye stickers I use on my Yellow Jacket target..........I climbed down, pulled the arrows and came back in the house......no where to go but down from there

I have butchered deer killed by both heads I listed and the damage is awesome. Give them a try.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:54 PM

I also have grown very fond of the Crimson line of heads this year because my brother got some Crimson Crocs and they flew great and were very sharp as well.

I would use the Viper Venom though because the cut is much larger.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:57 PM

Here are the Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts.............can shoot them right up until hunting time.........just replace blades and you are surgical sharp and you KNOW where they will hit because you have been shooting them for awhile already.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:58 PM

Here is the SteelForce line..............wicked heads.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:00 PM

These heads look sweet as well..........never tried them but 5 star was raving about the ones he shot. Looks like a solid contender for the fixed head market.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy killed a bull last night at 44 yards with a Muzzy 100gr. 3-blade. It was tipped on an Easton xx78 super slam select 2314. Complete pass through out of a 63lb supertec.

I also agree with Atlas as far as the stinger.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard a lot about the Magnus heads, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I've been using the Rocky Mountain Adavantage heads since the year they came out, and they haven't let me down on 11 deer. A few of them went through shoulder blade on the exit, and one went through BOTH shoulder blades and buried in the ground on a 41 yard shot taken on a doe during a stalk and didn't even crack a blade!

Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy has never let me down
For a fixed blade, all I say is DITTO!

Quick Reply: Broadhead for Elk (HELP!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.