Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunt club members needed >

hunt club members needed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunt club members needed

Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 PM

Default hunt club members needed

I lease 200 acres in Pike County Ohio and am looking for a couple new members for my hunting club. Fees are $200 annually. There are plenty of deer and turkey. Bucks must sport at lease six points or better to shoot. We promote quality deer management. In the last three years I have taken two wall hanger bucks and my limit of does.If you are interested and are willing to contribute to maintain a quality and safe place to hunt and call your own, then please respond. [email protected]
Old 09-01-2005, 12:06 AM

Default RE: hunt club members needed

Oh hell yeah! But here's the problem. I am in the military and stationed dang near in the middle of the Pacific ocean. I currently hunt in TX on 300acres. It's free but we (my buddy and I)put in the building of food plots andupkeep. It has a double wide with all basic neccessities. I would really be honored to go in with ya and could secure a spot for the next 5 yrs if you would allow me butit would difficult for me to get there and hunt with ya.Do you strictly hunt bow or both? Do you have a cabin on the property? I'm really interested but you know the situation. I try to get home to WV at least 1 time a year but our days are really packed at the moment. Let me know what you think. I thank you in advance anyway for the opportunity. Best of luck this year.

Ben
Old 09-01-2005, 04:25 AM

Hey mickeyboy,

Give me some more info, I live in Mich. but I hunt all over the mid west and might be interested in jumping in on this.

1. whats the land like
2. how many acres are crops vs. woods vs. crp.....ect.
3. if there are any crops what kind are they
4. if there are not any crops do you plan on putting in food plots or are you even able to.
5. is there crops on the srounding lands.
6. how many guys are you planning to have in the club
7. is it bow and gun hunting

I would more than likely only be able to hunt one week a year and I would want it to be durning the bow season. let me know whats happening.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 09-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I lease 200 acres in Pike County Ohio and am looking for a couple new members for my hunting club.
Pike County Illinois? Now who would want to hunt there? That is one of the worst sections of the country for whitetails.

Seriously though, $200 sounds really inexpensive when you consider how much some places with less potential are now running.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:11 AM

Sounds like a good thing, leave email address or phone number so a guy could go over some details!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:11 PM

First of all, thanks for the replies. The land is made up of 60% pine forest and 40% hardwoods. There are no agricultural crops on the property. This will be my fourth season with the property and I started putting food plots out last year. I intend to continue planting food crops in chichory, clover, and oats. I have also put out mineral blocks every year. I could really use some members who would be willing to help out with that part of it.I am a bow hunter but I also hunt with a muzzleloader, if I have not filled my tags by December. I would like to have a total of six members. I have three right now.This may sound crazy, but there are so many does that they need to be thinned out some. There is no cabin on the property, but I do take a camper down for the four months of archery season. IfI left anything unanswered please contact me at [email protected].